Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ideas??

Ok, so I am enlisting everyone's help (meaning the two of you that read this...) in naming my child. Kind of....her first name will be Alexandria-that is not up for discussion, but we have NO idea what to do for a middle name! HELP! I really like Jo (then she could be Lexie Jo, or AJ, or whatever...), but Shane says "Jo" is a boy's name. Ugh! Men! So, we need some more ideas. Or do you think Jo is cute? I think it needs to be something short since Alexandria is so freaking long, right? Shane really likes my middle name and would love to be able to pass that down to Alex, but Yvette (pronounced E-vett), just doesn't go with Alexandria. Poor Shane-he has been trying to think of ways to convince me that Alexandria Yvette sounds SO good, but I know better. ;) Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated! I will try and put up a voter thingy, too, to see if others like Jo as much as me. Then, Shane can just suck it up and realize Jo is a cute, GIRLY middle name. :D

8 comments:

Ludlows said...

I like the idea of using family names as middle names. I plan on using them when I have kids. Good luck finding the perfect middle name. Oh and I do like Jo, AJ and Lexie Jo would be such cute nicknames, I hope to be able to use Jean as a middle name for a girl and call her MJ.

The Boehme Family said...

I need some time to think this over...

Jamee said...

I think Jo is cute, people will not think it is a boy name with a first name like Alexandria! But if you are looking for other short middle names,what about...Lexie May, Lexie Jane (AJ), Lexie Ann. Just in case you can't convince Shane. Let me know if you want other suggestions. I love thinking of names. Especially when it is for someone else.

Pearce Family said...

I think Jo is adorable. I wouldn't go with anything else. But if you need to discuss with Shane more about the idea of Jo, you can tell him the Joe is for a boy but Jo is for a girl. Because when I have a little girl I am going to do Lyn as a middle name where usually Lynn is for a boy but Lyn is for a girl. Just for thought.

Suzanna said...

I love the name "Jo" for a middle name! And tell Shane that I've heard of girls being named Shane, so don't think too much about the boy or girl names! A lot of names are either these days! And if he still likes Yvette, maybe you could shorten it to Eve instead? But I like Jo better! :D

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

I think you should stick to Jo, because it is so cute! Tell Shane he will have to get used to it.=)

Kallee and Duncan said...

I think the perfect name for your child should be
"Kallee" Now this should be up for discussion...just do it. LOL

bcurrie said...

Of course, my opinion probably does not count ; ), but even though "Jo" is perfectly fine and definitely a girls name in that respect, I don't think "Alexandria Jo" goes well together. Certainly not any more than "Alaxandria Yvette." However, "Lexie Jo" does sound pretty good together. If really the main purpose is to have it go with "Lexie" then I think that is a good choice. Regarding Jamee's comment, you do have a great, great Aunt May that you would have loved if you would had known her. Also, for using it with "Alexandria," how about "Lacy" that was Abuela's (my grandma Dell) married surname. But "Lexie Lacy" doesn't sound good, I admit.

About Our Family