Friday, April 9, 2010

Couple of stories

Shane has school Thursday nights. It's the one night of the week that I feel sorta single again, since I only have to cook for one again (Kaden doesn't eat, and Lexi just has some of whatever I have, but not enough to make tons). Last night, I was eating my dinner for one when Shane got home and the following conversation took place:

Shane: You're eating ice cream for dinner??

Me: No! Of course not! The BABY is eating ice cream for dinner.

Shane: Okay, then what did you have for dinner?

Me: I'm actually kind of full after having what the baby wanted, so I think I'll just skip my dinner tonight.

Shane (walking into the other room): uh-huh sure

Kaden (and Lexi, actually) inherited Shane's natural extremely hot body temperature. He was sitting next to me on the couch today and put his hand on my arm, then looked at me and said, "Mom cold?" I was freezing, so I told him, "No, mom's ok. Don't worry." He got up off the couch, brought me his coveted Thomas the Train blanket, tucked me in, then sat right next to me again and held my freezing cold hand in his uber warm hands (yes it took both of his to cover my one hand) until I could feel my fingers again. Is he not the sweetest kid EVER?! I love my kiddos. :)

2 comments:

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Live it up and eat what you want. It's the only time when you get an excuse right?

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That is such a cute story about Kaden. He really is a considerate little boy. That must be why Liz likes him.

About Our Family