Monday, April 13, 2009

Springtime!!

I know I haven't gotten everyone caught up on what has happened the last three weeks, but I wanted to do an Easter post before it gets too late. I will do another post later this week with what has been going on since we moved into the new house. SO, Easter was really fun! Kaden started to feel a little bit better on Friday, especially when he was drugged. :) Saturday we went to my mom's house for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. Dinner was delicious and the egg hunt was funny, since McKayla was the only one who cared about searching for eggs. Kaden found one, got it open, saw the candy, and decided that he didn't need anymore...haha. Sunday morning we did pictures with the kids and their baskets. What do you get a 4 month old for Easter? I'm glad you asked....
Lexi got an Easter dress, baby cereal (yay! can't wait to try that out on her one of these days), and chocolate (which since she can't have yet, I will sacrifice and eat it for her....haha)

How adorable is she?!

Four months old today!

I was really, really excited for Kaden to wake up and see his basket. He had seen what we had gotten him at the store, and he really wanted it, so I knew he would love Easter morning. He finally woke up close to 9:00 and this is what happened:
He saw the ball....gasped in surprise/excitement....

Took the ball and couldn't care less about the candy...hahaha...that's my boy!

I showed him the candy....he saw chocolate.....

Marshmellows + chocolate =

One happy little boy!

Lexi in her Easter dress!

She was mad because I woke her up to get her dressed, then stuck a camera in her face...

After church,we went to my dad's house for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. I was hoping Kaden would do better the second time around, since now he knew there was candy inside ALL of the eggs, not just the first one he grabbed....

He got the point this time...yay!....but we still had to pause every 10 or so eggs for a candy break. :)

Kaden was very intently watching Sophie, my cousin's cute little girl, and making sure she didn't take all of the eggs...hahaha

Cute Lexi enjoying the weather. I can't wait until she can join in the fun next year!!

5 comments:

The Graves.... said...

I love your daughter's Easter dress. It's so cute!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Those are some dang cute pictures of Lexi with her basket! Her dress is adorable too. I'm glad to hear that Kaden is getting better, I think the chocolate helps. :)

The Boehme Family said...

SUCH a cute Easter Dress. I show them to Doug in the stores and he always, without fail says, "Our boys would look pretty silly in that, don't you think?"

Amy Jo said...

SUCH CUTE KIDS!! LEXI'S DRESS IS GORGEOUS! OHH... TO HAVE A GIRL!! :)

hoLLY said...

her Easter dress is sooooooo cute! I love it, what a great easter!

About Our Family