Monday, November 30, 2009

Lotsa fun!

We have been having such a fun holiday season so far!! I LOVE this time of year! And kids make everything 150% better! For Thanksgiving, we went to Shane's parent's house in the afternoon on Thursday, then my dad's house later that day, then my mom's house on Friday and last but definitely not least we went to a friend's house on Sunday. 4 Thanksgivings?! Heck YES! I only took pictures at our friend's house......
Here Kaden is checking out the Christmas tree Stephanie was decorating.

Here is Maggie! She is Danny's parent's dog, but since they were out of town, they were dog-sitting. I know she's a Jack Russell, but seriously guys, she is the MOST calm, sweet dog I have ever met. She is a major cuddler and totally adorable. Kaden and Lexi absolutely love her.

(These next few pics Kaden took...)

Shane playing with our new camera (more on that later...) :D

Lexi looking so cute

With Kaden taking the pictures, we had a lot of these butt shots of Maggie since she was all he really wanted to take pictures of. haha

Kaden got a nice closeup tree pic. :) I was surprised because I was sure that he would turn the ornaments into bouncy balls and see how far he could throw them...but he didn't! He loved putting them on the tree and "helping" and didn't once even look like he was about to chuck any of them. :)

In other news, at the beginning of the month we potty trained Kaden! We used this ebook called 3 Day Potty Training. It took Kaden about 1 1/2 days before he was potty trained. :) It was awesome!! I totally recommend it to everyone! Part of it is having the kid run around the house in a t-shirt and underwear, which Kaden enjoyed. ;)

I, of course, put him to work sweeping. That is his favorite chore. :)

Kaden made sure that Elmo sat on the waterproof-potty-square-thing so that he (Elmo) didn't ruin our couches. :)

Kaden always has to make sure that his puppy and whatever other toy he has with him are all tucked under the blanket, too. He is so stinkin' cute. :)
It has been a little over 3 weeks since we potty trained him and he has been doing fantastic! I was extremely worried about hauling him all around for Thankgiving, but he did great and we took a potty seat everywhere we went to make life easier all around.

As for Lexi, she has just been being her adorable little self. She eats TONS which is such a nice switch from Kaden. For example, one day for lunch she ate two entire hot dogs (one was Kaden's that he didn't want), a container of mixed fruit, 6 ounces of formula, and was still snacking on Cheerio's afterwards. hahaha I think Kaden ate 3 crackers and some milk.

For those of you wondering about her helmet progress.....she is doing well. She is used to it and really doesn't mind wearing it at all. Her next appointment is on Dec. 10th and the doctor said that he wants there to be at least 1/8th of an inch of movement from when she first put the helmet on. So we will see what happens.... :)

My little T.V. junkie has claimed this body pillow as her own little chair. She is so cute!

She is happy 99% of the time. And entertains herself 98% of the time, too. What a great little baby! Kaden LOVES his sister and watches out for her. He also makes sure that he gives her her teddy bear before she goes to bed and gives her hugs and blows her kisses. :) I have the best kids in the world.

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Yay Kaden, I'm glad he is doing so well with potty training. I can't believe you had 4 Thanksgiving celebrations. I'm glad I didn't, I would be 4 times larger than I already am. :)

About Our Family