Thursday, August 18, 2011

A couple of decades

6 year old Loretta: 
"For my birthday, I want a Barbie, a ballet tutu, and a dress (or ten)."

26 year old Loretta:  
"All I want for my birthday is to sleep in, and not change one diaper or wash any bottles the entire day."

What a difference a couple of decades can make.

P.S. No, I didn't get any of those things today, but I do have some ADORABLE children who are making me a pretend "surprise" party right now.  Complete with a fake cake and everything.  :D

4 comments:

Emily Hurtado said...

How sweet. Now you get a discount on car insurance. Woo hoo for being 26!!

Suzanna said...

Aw, what sweet kids!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Happy Birthday! Another couple of decades from now you might be wishing your kids were little again. Enjoy them!

Angel said...

Hope you had a great day!

About Our Family