Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My child that tests my limits

Lexi is extremely good at getting into anything and everything that she shouldn't. And it's NOT just because she is 14 months old. Kaden was never as bad as she is. She doesn't learn from her mistakes, either. Oh, child. What am I going to do with her? Her all time favorite thing to do is suck on cords, but only if they are plugged into the wall so that she gets zinged. Seriously. Does NOT learn! But some great news is that her first tooth finally broke through!!!! Her bottom front left one. :D SHE HAS TEETH!!! By the way, I just realized that I never officially announced that Lexi is done with her helmet! It took a couple of days after she got it off for her to realize it's not a good idea anymore to throw her head back when she gets mad or frustrated. haha

The other day I was doing dishes so I started a movie for the kids so I could actually finish what I started. Kaden is really good about sitting quietly, but after a little while, I noticed Lexi was quite. This is reason for alarm in our household. I went into the living room and found this:

Seriously, people, it doesn't get any cuter than this. :) It was still two hours before her usual nap time, but when you're tired, you're tired.

We got a call last week asking if we would feed the missionaries on Friday. I was excited because (since we are in the primary) we don't ever get the sign-up sheet when it's our wards' turn. I worked really hard and they were really late. Shane finally called to see if they needed a ride and they said that they had gotten busy the night before and hadn't confirmed dinner with us, which the rules stated as they just skip out without telling us apparently. Luckily, even though the lame 19-year-old boys missionaries bailed on us (their loss) I had already invited my sister and her family over dinner. :) So it worked out. Anyway, while I was slaving away in the kitchen trying to cook everything at once, Lexi decided to join me. I had everything under control and had cookies in the oven, so I decided to do some dishes. The cookies I made you roll in powdered sugar. I turn my back for one second....

Look at that smile on her face. Little turd.

That bowl was on the table and (I thought) out of her reach. She has gotten taller somewhere along the way.

I let her have her fun while I finished doing dishes (and waited for Shane to get home and clean up the mess....). Good thing I had more powdered sugar to roll the cookies in so I could finish the batch! :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Maybe it's that little electrical zing that keeps here hair so cute and curly! But you really gotta find a way to nip that now that she's got teeth - ZOWIE! haha! You were always bragging about how well behaved Kaden was, never had a terrible two moment, looks like Lexi is starting young for you. It is swapped with mine, Audrey is my busy body and Gracie is the angel. Balance in all things I guess. Good thing we have two each so we can taste each others medicine!

Shea Nicole said...

Soooooo super cute... Lexi sounds like mimi. lol. since she was walking at 8 months we had to child proof EVERYTHING super early... Great thing is, even though they don't really learn they get over the whole having to get in to EVERYTHING. lol. Miss you TONS. xoxo

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

HaHa! Lexi is a smart girl and she knows what is the good stuff. I love the adorable picture of her asleep on her stuffed animal.

About Our Family