Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter fun

I absolutely love holidays with kids! It makes them 100 times better. :) We had a great Conference/Easter weekend. Saturday morning I took Kaden to Macey's (grocery store-not department for those of you Californians reading this) for their Easter egg hunt. The flyer sounded fun and organized, but it was horrible. I couldn't believe people could be SO pushy and mean!! Kaden ended up with maybe 6 eggs and a bottle of bubbles. That will be our first and last public egg hunt. Not even worth it. We came home, ate breakfast, then decorated eggs. Well, Shane and I decorated eggs while Lexi cried because we wouldn't let her throw & chew on the eggs and Kaden refused to touch the eggs because he doesn't like getting his hands dirty. So, he picked the colors and faces and I "helped" him. This was the result of our hard work:
Ta-da! Yes, there are still some white (unboiled) eggs I saved. You know, in case I suddenly need cookies or brownies before I get to the store again. ;)

Notice how the two in the back middle are eyeing each other? hahaha I honestly didn't plan that-just stuck them all randomly in as we went. And the two pink ones have the kids' names on them, although from this angle, Lexi's looks like it says, "EXIT."

I loved the stick on faces. It made it more fun for the kids and easier for me. :) Definitely something I will keep doing until the kids are old enough to care.

Saturday evening we went to my mom's for dinner/Easter fun.

Kaden loved finding the eggs. :)

His cousin, McKayla, and Kaden both finding eggs.

Lexi had candy in her mouth and an egg in each hand. It's so simple to make a 1 year old happy.

My little brother left his sunglasses out and Kaden found them. Doesn't he look handsome?

Sunday morning the Easter bunny came! Shane took a video instead of pictures, so this is the only picture I have. The videos take foreva to upload plus Kaden was totally adjusting himself in it, so I won't be sharing that until he starts dating.
He loved the candy as well as yet another bouncy ball to add to his collection.

For dinner and yet another egg hunt, we went to my dad's house.

Shane helping Lexi.

Kaden filling up his bucket. :)

This was all the candy Lexi grabbed and it was all that she wanted. She was perfectly happy just gnawing away on the laffy taffy wrappers. And is that not the CUTEST Easter dress you've ever seen?!

I was trying to get Lexi's hand out of her mouth, so I asked her to do the sign for "A." She is both saying it and signing it and it looks like she is waving. :) That works! Yes, her one shoe is gone. They are new and a little big still, but adorable!

Lexi adored this dress! I mean, ADORED! I wish I had known what her reaction would be when I first put her in it. I would have made Shane record it. I got her all dressed up, did her hair, put on her new shoes, and put bows in her hair, then took her to a mirror. She looked at herself, got THE. BIGGEST. smile on her face, then started swishing back and forth to feel the dress move around her. She was loving it. She would walk in a room and when people told her how cute she was, she just smiled so big and started swishing her dress again. lol I love my girly girl.

3 comments:

Suzanna said...

So cute!! McKayla saw Lexi's dress (and I didn't point it out or say anything) and she said, "Aww, Lexi have too cute dress." Then, "Lexi married!" Hahahahaha...she thinks any fancy dress means you are married, for some reason.

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Just two things to say: You are so random it is hilarious!! Also, I love, love, love the dress on Lexi:) So jealous; she looked absolutely adorable!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

The eggs are awesome and I love Lexi's dress.

About Our Family