Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The death of me

Lexi is going to be the death of me.

I love her, don't get me wrong, but OHMYGOSH this child!

I don't have enough blog space to list everything she does to get into trouble on a daily basis, but here are a few:

Yesterday, she climbed on top of the table to get the crayons and then colored all over our 42 inch T.V.  I was doing dishes and didn't notice until I went in to see our new orange and red masterpiece.  I spent 30 minutes scrubbing it off.

After that, while I was in my room folding laundry, Lexi decided to slide a kitchen chair over to the cabinet, stack multiple boxes on it (one was a lego box-sooo safe), and then climb up and get into the cupboard to reach the chocolate covered pretzels.  After she sucked the chocolate off of about 30 pretzels, she gave the soggy mess of a pretzel to Ari.  At least it was soft, right?

I put Lexi down for a nap (and the other two kids) and may or may not have left her in there longer than needed.  (All of the kids wait in their rooms for me to come and get them-they won't get out of bed unless Shane or I open their doors and say it's okay to come out now.)

Shane finally got home (at 4:45, soo late, I know) and I went to work on dinner.  I noticed that Lexi had run to the bathroom a while before and I hadn't heard from her since.  I went to the bathroom and saw the light on, but the door was closed.  (She's too short to open the doors, so usually the door is left open.)  Rather than cry or call for help, though, she was really quiet in there.  I panicked, but opened the door and she was right there smiling.  I looked down and saw hundreds of little bits of white stuff.  I figured she got into the toilet paper because one of her favorite past times is to see how small she can shred a whole roll of toilet paper.

I took her to the front room and told Shane that he got to clean the bathroom floor since he was supposed to be watching her.  He went in and swept it all up like a good husband.  :)  Later, though, I went in to use the bathroom and closed the door and FREAKED. OUT.  What did I see?

Yep.
For real.

It wasn't toilet paper on the ground!

I cannot even tell you how mad I was.  This means that now I have to strip down that entire door and REPAINT that stupid thing!  Shane hadn't seen it earlier because he'd left the door open when sweeping.  When I showed him, he helped the situation a lot by saying,  "Yeah, you should have used primer."

Lexi is lucky that it was already her bedtime when I saw this or else she would have gone to bed two hours early.

SO, trying to think positively, Lexi has her adorable moments that remind me (and Shane) why we haven't sold her yet. (Or, heck, given her away!)
Check out my little cutie:


Sorry the camera was a little shaky.  I was laughing so hard, but trying to steady it.  :)  And, P.S., no, Lexi isn't wearing pants, but she is at least wearing underwear.  That's about the best we can hope for these days.  My little nudist.  :)

4 comments:

Jamee said...

HA, sorry I can't help but laugh. Only because she isn't my kid. I love the, "you should have used primmer," statement. Good luck with that adventure.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Oh my heck, put that girl in dance. She has some moves! I love it. She's a cute little stinker.

Ludlows said...

Oh Loretta I am sorry, but it is funny since it has not happened to me yet. Good luck!

Silvia and Steven said...

Well I am thinking it must have something to do with being the middle child because I can relate with your incidents.... Sometimes I say that the only reason Alex has that cute smile of his is because if he didn't I would've given him away A LONGGGGGG TIME ago!!! So I so understand and it is kinda nice to see that another "middle" child is doing the same so I'm not crazy and going insane. Someone else knows what I am feeling :O)

About Our Family