Friday, July 1, 2011

Random fun facts

I reread my Disneyland post the other day and realized I left out some fun facts!  For your reading pleasure....

While we were in Disneyland, Shane's flip flops that he's owned for years broke.  There was no fixing them (don't think he didn't try-we even asked a park worker for duct tape), so I made Shane buy more.  I wasn't going to let him walk around the rest the day (it was only around 10 AM) with one bare foot.  I went to stand in a line with the kids while he went shopping.  He came back and was SHOCKED and APPALLED.  He said that the cheapest flip flops they had were $20 (for the $2.50 kind you can get at Old Navy) and there was NO WAY he was paying $20 for those.  Since he was wearing new flip flops, I asked him how much he paid.  
He grinned and said, 
"$10 - they were a kid's extra large." 

Yup.  My husband everyone.  The best part?  Shane kept his old, broken flip flops because "We might be able to fix them when we get home."

I threw them away when he wasn't looking.   mwahahahaha

Another fun tidbit:
One of the reasons we booked the hotel that we did was because they boasted "a delicious complimentary breakfast buffet."  The entire way there I envisioned eating waffles, pancakes, bacon......and NOT being the one who cooked it!  It was almost as exciting as Disneyland itself!

Our first morning of the luxurious breakfast buffet dawned and we headed the three doors down to the "conference room."  Since we were so close to where it was being served, I should have known there was a problem when I didn't wake up smelling bacon.

We walked in and saw containers full of cold cereal (that had been sitting there for who knows how long).
Oh, yeah, and there was some bread you could toast.

My heart sank.

Shane, ever the cheap-wad, pointed out: "Hey, it still saves us from going to IHOP every morning."
DANG IT ALL!
I WANTED WAFFLES THAT I DIDN'T COOK!

Anyway, stale, cold cereal was still better than nothing....which is what we would have been eating if the hotel didn't offer a complimentary breakfast.

One more fun fact:
Our hotel was about a mile away from Disneyland.  The hotel also advertised a "free shuttle," but made it very clear with NUMEROUS signs that you are expected to tip....generously.  Rather than pay the driver $2 (yup that is generous to Shane) each time we wanted to go back and forth to the Magic Kingdom, we walked.

It really wasn't bad at all.

Probably because I made Shane push the kids in the stroller every. single. time. 
(There was a big hill we had to go over.)
We went back and forth a couple of times each day because I kept trying to get the kids to take naps.

There is a hotel almost literally across the street from Disneyland's entrance and we were surprised to see a shuttle coming and going all day to that hotel.  What the what?  Really, people?!

The only times we took the shuttle was at night because of Shane's eye disease.  I wasn't about to push that stroller and try to keep track of Shane in the dark. 

So, I guess this post should really be labeled "Examples of Shane's cheapness."  hahaha  I love him!!

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I think that's awesome especially since I'm a cheapo too. Haha. I've never had luck with the complimentary breakfasts either. More like a free donut or bagel if you get up before everyone else. Lame!

About Our Family