Sunday, March 11, 2012

7 years!

Since I'll be gone for our real anniversary next week, we celebrated 7 years of marriage this weekend!  :)

Back in August, I went to a girl's night out thing with my mom at the hospital in American Fork (to see NieNie speak--she was AWESOME! I took pics, but never did a blog post about it....maybe I still should...).  After Stephanie spoke, my mom and I walked around all the booths and stuff and we both ended up winning prizes from their drawing.  I won the "grand prize" which was a one night stay at a resort in Midway as well as a couples massage.  BOO-YAH!  ;)

So, my mom watched the kids at our house and stayed overnight here since her house isn't as child-proof as ours.  :)  We left Friday afternoon and after a hilarious pit-stop that I'm not "allowed" to post about (if I see you in person, I can tell you then, so remind me!!), we made it to Midway.  We got all checked in and headed to the spa.

This was the women's locker room.  I changed in the bathroom behind me because I didn't want anyone barging in on me.  And there were two other women who did come in while I was in the bathroom changing, so I'm glad I did!
 Shane and I met up in the relaxation room.

No makeup - AHHH!

The sandals were a little big.  They fit Shane perfectly.  haha
 A guy and girl massage therapist came and brought us to the couples massage room.  When they left, Shane was like, "Don't let the guy rub me!"  HAHAHA  So, I had the guy and Shane got the girl.
After a nice, relaxing massage, we headed to our room.

Dark pic, my camera was being weird.
 For dinner, our options were: A) Drive back to Park City and eat at Wendy's or Subway, B) Stay in Midway where there are no chain restaurants and pay at least $50 for dinner, and C) Order room service.

Option C it is!

We ordered a pizza from room service and ended up paying $22 for it, but it was still the cheapest option overall.

Pizza, anyone?
 We ate on the bed while watching cable shows that we've never seen since we don't have cable.  Shane is now addicted to Shark Tank.  

Cuddling!
We stayed up super late (Shane was out by 9:00...I was asleep around 10:00), and then Shane woke up at his usual time that he's trained his body to be up at for work (5:45).  I had this image of sleeping in until 10:00 without the kids.  I forgot about Shane.  ;)

After checking out of the hotel, we headed to Park City for some shopping!  
It was really fun and so relaxing to not have the kids for a full 24 hours!

Happy 7th Anniversary babe!  MWAH!

P.S. Fun fact: When we got home, I found out that both Kaden AND Lexi told my mom that not only do they not have to brush their teeth, but that they don't even OWN toothbrushes.  HAHA  My poor mom was like, "I'll go buy them toothbrushes!!"  I assured her that they DO have them and we also have two different types of kid toothpaste (one flouride and one non-flouride), so we're all set.  Nice try, kiddos.

P.P.P.P.S.S.: Last night, Shane was outside working on the car and the girls were "reading" on Lexi's bed, so Kaden and I had some cuddle time on the couch.  I asked him if he missed me while I was gone and he said yeah, then paused for a minute, then asked, "Did you and dad get married?"   He is so adorable!

2 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Happy Anniversary guys!! Nice job on winning the prize. The toothbrush story is great. Sneaky kids! :)

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary! We don't have cable either, but are both addicted to Shark Tank too. So we wait until after friday (when the new episodes come out) and then watch it on abc.com. LOL. Glad you guys had fun!

About Our Family