Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quirks!

Here are the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you...love ya Kim!
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
5. Leave a comment to let them know.

1) I am totally OCD with dishes and laundry. Ever since we were first married, Shane tries to help with the housework. BUT since I am stubborn and have to have things done my way, he never gets to help. Lately, I have been getting behind in the housework (school, kid, work, and a bun in the oven...) and one day I came home from school and Shane (being the sweetheart he is) had done ALL of the dishes. Well, he hand washes everything and so (don't tell him this if you see him) the next day I rewashed EVERY dish we have (but in the dishwasher). So, I have learned to just take 10 minutes out of my days and get stuff done because having to redo everything after Shane does it, takes a lot longer than just doing it in the first place. Yes, I am weird about this....Shane does a great job washing the dishes, but if I don't see it done, then (in my mind) the dishes are not cleaned right.
2) My closet is ultra organized-as in, I have been made fun of by relief society presidents who have heard about it. I hang everything up and it has to be in order or I can't sleep until it is. Pants first-and it has to go pajama bottoms, capris, then long pants. And even in those categories, it has to go from workout pants to jeans to nice dress pants. My shirts are even worse. Nice ones are in front of the t-shirts and they have to be short to 3/4 sleeve to long sleeve. And, to top it all off, everything is color coordinated. It's obsessive-I know. And I have done this to Shane's side of the closet, too. He hates it, but after 3 1/2 years of marriage, he has accepted that this is the way things are and doesn't complain anymore. :)
3) Shane and I have never had a huge, blowout arguement. Sure, we don't always agree on things, but we always sit down and work it out before it grows into something bigger. We have taken communication and marriage classes together at Weber State and I think it has helped us immensely. I have a friend (who will remain nameless) who used to tell her husband to be more understanding like Shane...lol. He would just brush it off and tell Shane to get mad at me once in a while so that he looked like a better husband. haha
4) In high school, I couldn't have cared less about my grades. I hated every minute of school, except when I was in drama or choir classes. The only reason I kept my GPA about a 3.0 was so I could drive the family car. College, however, is a different story. I have been going 2 years now and have kept my GPA at a 3.96. I do everything possible to get A's. I am sure I bug my teachers because I am constantly emailing and talking to them asking what my progress is and if I need extra credit or if I already have an A. Usually I hear, "Loretta, you are fine. Don't worry about your grade." Then I say, "So, does or does that not mean that I have an A?" Anyway, I am sure this semester will bring my GPA down because of my stupid Human Biology class. It is HARD and everyone in the class is struggling-not just me. I have come to terms this last semester with the fact that I won't be keeping my GPA at 3.96...I think I am okay with that, as long as I pass this class.
5) I always have to be the one to put Kaden in his crib at night for bedtime. It may be selfish of me, but that is my last time of the day with him and I feel like he has to hear me tell him goodnight and I love him. I am trying to let Shane take over more of the "Kaden Responsiblities," in preparing for Alexandria to join us soon, but I just love cuddling Kaden at night and smothering him with kisses.
6) I feel SO gross until I brush my teeth for the day. I won't see or especially talk to anyone until I have clean teeth and breath. This rule applies to Shane, too. I refuse to kiss him or let him breathe near my face until he eats breakfast and brushes his teeth. I am constantly worried about my breath, so if you ever tell me to pop in a Tic Tac, I will not be offended-just grateful you pointed it out before I disgusted too many people with my nasty breath. :)

Ok, I tag Jamee, Suzanna, DeeDee, Hill, M and Kelly (sorry if I always tag the same people-I am just interested in what quirks y'all could possibly have...).

4 comments:

Jamee said...

Wow I never knew you were so OCD. How do you get any sleep girl?

The Porter Family said...

lol....I don't.

The Boehme Family said...

You are OFFICIALLY NUTS! Okay, so my closet is color coordinated and I have to re-arrange the dishwasher after Doug puts the dishes in, but YOU are nuts. Oh, and I got really mad when I didn't get a 4.0 one semester of my masters. I, on the other hand, am NOT nuts - just you.

The Porter Family said...

Erin, that's great-I am glad to know I am not alone! :D

About Our Family