Sunday, March 8, 2009

A day to remember

Last Tuesday, March 3, was a very eventful day for us! We started the day EARLY because we had to be at the surgical center by 7:15am. "Surgical center?" you ask. YUP! For all those nonbelievers out there, you were wrong....I am not having 6 children....in fact, I am not having 3. We truly felt that our family is now complete and so I went in for a newer procedure called Essure. It is permanent (yay!) and the recovery time is amazing. Your tubes are blocked rather than cut, so it is a lot easier on your body. Anyway, we had gone in on Feb. 3, but the doctor couldn't put the coils in my tubes because my uterus was so mushy it "looked like I had just had a baby yesterday" not 7 weeks before...and my cervix was a freaking brick wall, when it should have still been soft from having just had a baby. So, the doctor told me that we have to let my uterus heal for another month and she gave me some cervix softening drugs to take before the next try. Everything worked the second time so in 3 months when the scar tissue builds up, I will be permanently sterile! After the first try, Shane kept telling me all of this stuff I said as I was coming out of the anestesia and I didn't believe him. For the second try, I told him to videotape me so I can see what I say when I am drugged. It's not pretty, but it is pretty funny. :) So, enjoy a laugh at my expense. haha If you want to know what I would be like drunk, here ya go: P.S. I seriously and truly do NOT remember this at all!



After the surgery, we went home so I could rest for a while. I was just mainly really tired, but up and about after a nap. :) SO, then at 1:30, we went and finally signed the closing papers for our NEW HOUSE!! I have waited a while to blog about our house because I wanted to make sure this one actually went through. We have been looking at homes since last May and have offered on 4 or 5, but each one fell through for one reason or another (one of them we were all set to go, but then the inspection found mold and termites! Yikes! and the owner refused to fix it...). I really wanted this home that we got, so I didn't want to jinx it by saying anything too early. BUT it's official now! We got the keys on Thursday night and now are going to do a lot of cosmetic fix ups. I will post some before and after pictures when we are done. We will be moving on March 21st!! So, if anyone wants to help....... :D
After signing a lot of papers (it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be, though), we decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and take the kiddos to a park. Kaden has been to a park before, but not since he decided he loves shoes so he has always been in a stroller. We were there for over an hour and he did NOT want to leave! He had so much fun! We walked around the outer part of it and he was even so good to stay on the path with us. It was such a fun day and we will be back at the park as soon as this weather allows it. (Although, Kaden couldn't care less what the weather is like, he would go outside in a blizzard!) We once again drug Kelly and Liz along with us-thanks guys! I don't know what Kaden is going to do without Liz so close anymore. Here are some fun pictures and a cute video!
Lexi enjoyed sleeping at the park..haha

I think Shane was having more fun than Kaden on this slide ;)

Loving the swing!

Kaden needed Liz to show him how the slides work

He had a lot more fun once Liz got there!

He would try and be on the same side of the slide as Liz...haha




4 comments:

Angel said...

Wow! You have had some major life changing decisions with the house and your family! Crazy!

Sarah Mildon said...

It's crazy what that anestesia does to you isn't it? After I had my D & C, when I finally "came to" Bryce said I had been talking for like 15 minutes and had told him something like 4 times and that it was really funny how I was talking in a higher voice. I also told him it would be funny to get it on camera. I bet the nurses and such that work there get a kick out of listening to people ramble on.

Lindsey and Mike Sorensen said...

HAHA!! Loretta that was freakin hilarious!! You need to get drugged up more often and record yourself! haha

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Like I told you before, I now know what you would be like if you were a drinker. lol We will have to go to the park lots this summer so Kaden and Liz can play together.

About Our Family