Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy 2nd birthday Kaden!

Kaden turned 2 on September 10th!! We had his party on the 12th and it was so. much. fun!

Of course, we did a Cars theme. :) This is some of the decorations. All of the kids got a goodie bag with a balloon to take home. :)

Instead of a cake, I made cupcakes for everyone! So much easier when you are dishing it up for 40 people.

Here is a close up of the cupcakes. :)

Kaden doesn't like cake, so for his "cake" I decorated a huge brownie!
He loved it (after we scraped off the frosting....yeah, I know, weird that a kid doesn't like frosting, but whatev).

Emily was nice enough to bring her bounce house for the kids. :) It was a huge hit! Thanks again M!

Kaden did really care about opening his presents, he just wanted what was in them. It worked out perfectly, though, because Liz loved opening presents and got plenty of practice for her upcoming birthday. :)

Shane's family

Emily, Halle, my little brother hiding and my mom

Kelly, Lexi with Stephanie, Danny, Liz (still helping unwrap presents) and Kaden loving all the new toys!

Kaden and Liz playing with all the new stuff

My little sister, Jacquelyn and her daughter, Taliyah, and my older sister, Suzanna, and her daughter, Mckayla.

My dad, Emily and Halle again (looking oh so interested....haha), and Yuki.

Josiah, my mom and her husband, Kent.

Stephanie and Lexi. It was so nice to not have to worry about Lexi during the party. Between everyone there, there was always someone waiting to hold and play with her. :) She absolutely loved it!

Kaden playing with all his new toys.

My friend Amy from England. She was such a big help during the party!

My brother-in-law, Derek, Big Ben, and Little Ben (both Ben's are from England). They were listening to Derek's highway patrol stories. :)

Me bringing in Kaden's birthday brownie

Kaden getting ready to blow out his candle! We had been practicing this for a couple of months and he was really good at it.

But everyone watching him made him shy, so Shane ended up blowing out the candle.

McKayla decided to dump her Nerds (that were in the goodie bag) all over the couch. I thought it was funny so, of course, I took a picture. :)

McKayla was very good about helping to clean all the Nerds up. :)

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

The party was great and Liz is now well trained for when December rolls around. :)

About Our Family