Friday, September 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Point and a wedding disaster

I am a bit behind in my posting, so enjoy a lot of posts today. I need to catch up before our fun weekend away because you KNOW I will have a lot of pictures to share! :) On August 29th, my 2nd best guy friend, Brent, got married. His reception was in Saratoga Springs (clear down south-if you missed my horrible car story about that day, click here), so we decided to go down early and take Kaden on his first pony ride at Thanksgiving Point! His friend Halle (and her mom, M) came, too, which is good since she is the pro at pony rides. :) He got to ride twice. The first time I walked next to him. He clung to me like white on rice....like he was going to DIE if he let go....like..ok, ok, you get the point. And since I totally baby him, I let him (I DID try to show him how to hold onto the saddle horn, but he wouldn't touch it).
Can you see the grip of death he has on my arm?

Halle the pro all by herself. :)

Lexi hanging out

This Clydesdale was massive! And he looked even bigger next to shortie Emily.

Halle and Kaden feeding their fingers corn to the chickens.

The adorable Lexi being ever so patient. She will be loving life once she can run around with the big kids.

Halle was trying to feed a goat leaves....but the leaf blew away at the last second.

Take 2, got it!

Shane had to get in the action of feeding the goat. Zoom in closely to see Lexi's face. haha

You can't really tell from this picture, but this was the most adorable baby goat!

The kiddos feeding more leaves to the animals.

After seeing the rest the animals, it was time for the 2nd pony ride before we left. I wanted to take Lexi since Kaden didn't enjoy it, but Shane said to let him try it this time (he doesn't baby Kaden).

Halle kept one hand in front of her and one in back. :) Her pony's mane was french braided really pretty.

Shane put Kaden's hands on the horn, then stood behind him so that Kaden thought he was all alone (sad...), but it worked!

Just as the ride came to an end, Kaden started really enjoying it! And he did it all by himself!! This is why God gave us husbands. :) Women are too compassionate. haha

After a yummy spaghetti dinner, we headed to the ring ceremony/reception. Kaden made sure to scream during the ring ceremony (and we were RIGHT next to the videographer) and then drank five glasses of ginger ale. The videographer said that he could take out the screaming easily and that Kaden wasn't even close to the worst that he's heard. Whew! Within 10 minutes of the reception starting, Lexi grabbed Shane's drink (PINK punch) and spilled it ALL OVER both her and Shane. Luckily I had her P.J.'s with me, so I went to clean her up as much as possible.

For those of you wondering, yes I did get the stain out perfectly! :)


Needless to say, we were so done after all that, so we took off early. Here is a pic of Brent's car on our way out. It was a fun day! Thanks to Emily and Jared and Halle for feeding and entertaining us! :)

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

At least the whole day wasn't a disaster for you guys. The pony rides look fun and I'm sure Kaden was a pro by the end.

About Our Family