Monday, January 3, 2011

Over it

I realized today just how used to newborns my kids are now.  When we first brought Ari home, anytime she cried Kaden went running for Shane or I saying, "Oh no!  OH NO!!  BABY ARI IS SAD!!"  like the world was over.  

This morning, though, when Ari was crying here is what happened:

Kaden: "Baby Ari is sad, Mom."

Me: "Yup.  She's hungry, bud.  She needs a bottle."

Kaden: "No, mom, she needs a pinky." 
(that's what he calls a binky since her's is pink-makes sense to me)

Me:  "No, buddy, she is really, really hungry.  Do you want to help me make her a bottle?"

Kaden:  "NO Mom!  She not hungry!  She NEEDS. HER. PINKY."

When did my three year old turn into a 15 year old who knows everything?

At least Kaden and Lexi still make sure Ari gets lots of hugs and kisses.  My sweet kids are in there somewhere.

3 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I love that he calls it a pinky. :) At least he is still trying to take care of her, right?

Halley said...

So cute! I love the little conversations/arguments we have with our kids. :-)

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Don't you know it's a 3 yr olds job to know more than you do;)That's sweet that he cares so much.

About Our Family