Wednesday, June 29, 2011

They're always listening...

I watched my friend's (Kelly's) kids yesterday and while all the little munchkins were sitting around the table feasting on hot dogs and french fries, Kelly's daughter, Liz, accidentally tipped over her cup of milk.  As I ran for some paper towels, I heard Kaden behind me say:

"HOLY CRAP!"

Trying not to laugh, I turned around and said, "What did you say?"

He smiled at me and again said, "Holy crap!!"

I shouldn't have laughed, but I did.  A lot.

Later, I was telling Shane about it and, through his laughter, he said, "Good thing he said "crap" and not anything else!"

We had a good laugh and then Shane told me something Kaden said a couple of nights ago when I went grocery shopping.  While I was gone, Shane turned on a movie for the kids (I can't remember which one), but Shane had never seen it before.  There was a line at the end that Shane thought was funny, so he rewound it to watch it again.  Then this happened:
Kaden: "Daaaaad!  What are you doing?!"
Shane: "I'm rewinding it so I can watch that part again."
Kaden: "Dad. You can't!  It's a kids show!"

A lesson to all: 
Kids always repeat what they hear.  
And usually at inconvenient times.  ;)

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Haha! I will keep this in mind next time I watch your kids and I will be sure to teach them some good phrases to surprise you with. :)

About Our Family