Thursday, September 8, 2011

Always be my baby

Ari is 11 months old now (as of the 4th).  :(

I'll be honest with you, ever since having Kaden (almost 4 years ago), I've never been baby hungry.  I wanted him more than anything, but when my friends were asking me after if I was "baby hungry," I was thinking, "What the heck?!  No way!  I like to sleep!"

Before I could even think about having another baby, I was already two months pregnant with Lexi.  We'd planned on having them close together, but not quite that close.  ;)  I cried and cried to my mom, since my older sister and I are 15 months apart, I knew that my mom would know what to do and how to handle this.  She told me that the first year is the worst, but get through that and you'll be fine.

She was right. (Like always)

Kaden and Lexi are best friends now and I'm so glad that we had them so close together.  I'd go back and do it all over again exactly the same (except maybe wait until I was 30 to have kids-haha).

We all know the story of how I thought I was done after Lexi.  Almost everyone reading this blog told me that I would regret it and want another baby.  After a sleepless Kaden and a colic-y Lexi, I knew they were wrong.  But whether I wanted another baby was a moot point when I heard Ari's heartbeat and knew she was coming in just 8 short months.

Ari has been the best baby of all my kids.  The older that Kaden and Lexi got, the more excited I was.  They could communicate instead of screaming when they were hungry/tired/wanted something!  It was awesome!  And I'm still loving it the older that they get.  Kaden is HILARIOUS and Lexi is turning into a total sweetheart (with a sassy side that I love/hate).

But Ari...

I want her to stay little forever.

She is growing up too fast.  She was my earliest teether (her bottom two came in at 9 months!) and she is SO close to walking already.  She can crawl to the middle of a room and stand up all on her own without holding onto anything.

Ari's frog pose.  This is how she watches TV.  :)
So intense.
This is her crazy face that she does when she's frustrated because she can't walk.
Silly girl

"Take a knee"  This is how Ari rests from standing too long.  haha
Surfing U.S.A.
Lots of falls...
...but she always gets right back up!  This is her "YAY!" pose.  :)
Trying to see around mom and the camera to watch TV.
 
I just want her to stay my sweet baby girl forever and always.  This is the first time in my life that I can truly say I am going to miss the baby stage.

Sweetie pie!

3 comments:

Suzanna said...

Awwww, she's so adorable!!

Ludlows said...

She is so cute Loretta I love all her faces!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I can't believe she's almost walking! That went by way to fast. She's a little heart robber.

About Our Family