Sunday, September 11, 2011

Kaden's 4th birthday party!

Saturday, September 10th, was Kaden's 4th birthday and we had a monster truck party!  He has been begging since February for one and I'm surprised he never changed his mind.  :)  I think everything turned out better in my head than in reality, but hey, Kaden still had fun.  ;)

When the kids got there, they got to choose a monster truck to paint.
All lined up - ready to race!  Kaden decided he didn't want to race, so he sat and cheered the girls on.  :) 
This was our racetrack.  :)  It was so flippin' hot outside that the balloons kept popping.  Awesome.
After the race, I asked Kaden if he wanted to do cake or presents next.  He, of course, said presents.  :)

Always lots of little helpers to open presents.  haha
Kaden kept asking for a hero cape so I found one at Quilted Bear that was Superman on one side and Batman on the other.  He's IN. LOVE. with it.
What's in here?
A scooter!  Grandma and Grandpa Porter bought this for Kaden and he is mildly obsessed with it.  He rides it all around the house ALL day long (while wearing his hero cape - hahaha).
Okay, so in the above picture, see the adorable little girl?  That's Liz, Kaden's betrothed.  Enlarge the picture and look closely at her face.  See her cute little tongue sticking out?  Remember that.  You'll need to know what I'm talking about later... 

Some of the guests.  From left to right: My little sisters, Jacquelyn and Natalie, my mom's husband, Kent (sleeping in the background), my mom holding my other sister's baby, Serenity, my Grandpa Ozminski and my Grandma Ozminski holding Ari (who eventually fell asleep in her arms--it was adorable).  :)
Next up was time for the cake!

Yes, I know the writing wraps around the side.  Whatever.  Everyone said it tasted great and Kaden LOVED it.  :)
I was worried there wouldn't be enough cake (there wasn't), so I made cupcakes, too.

Nom, nom, nom...
There was a storm rolling in at this point, but I wasn't letting anyone leave until we played the last game:

Pin the Wheel on the Monster Truck!
 My good friend, Kelly, drew this FROM SCRATCH for me.  She is hands down AMAZING.  Thank you so much Kelly!!!

Speaking of Kelly (don't kill me for this because you know I love you), she is Liz's mom.  Remember Liz from above?  With her tongue sticking out?  If you're wondering where she got that from....look no farther:
hahahaha  Love you Kelly!!
You might have to click on the pic to make it bigger, but totally do it because it's worth seeing Kelly's "concentrating face."  ;)
All done!  Who got the closest?  I think it was Liz...even when she didn't cheat.  ;)
 It was a fun day!

As I was tucking Kaden in bed that night, I asked, "Did you have a good day, bud?"
He said, "Yeah.  Can we do it again tomorrow?"  :)

2 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Revenge is sweet. It will be anyways when I get you for posting that picture. :) Ok, ok, it's funny. You did a fabulous job on the birthday party.

Suzanna said...

It was a terrific party!!! And it's almost like you planned the weather...cause as soon as we were done it started to rain! Crazy. McKayla had tons of fun!

About Our Family