Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blessing

My friend, Brent, had the opportunity to bless his first baby this past Sunday!

For those of you who have no clue who Brent is, he and I met in 2003 right when I had graduated from high school and moved to California (I was 17).  Anyway, we hit it off right off the bat and he's honestly like a big brother to me.  When we were hanging out 24/7 in Cali, everyone was saying that we were going out (Brent told me this one time when we went to In-N-Out).  No one understood the completely platonic relationship we have.  He told me that his mom was SO disappointed when he told her I was engaged to Shane.  haha

We've been through a lot the last 9 years.  Brent is five years older than me and was really feeling the pressure to get married (not to me...well, I guess that depends on whom he was talking to) when we met.  He didn't end up getting married until 2009 (old fart) and they just had their first baby (a girl) this past December.  I always tease him that I met and married Shane, bought a house, and had two kids before he even got married.  ;)

Anyway, his daughter's name is Elora and she is so, so adorable!

Proud papa
 Let me tell you, she has him totally and utterly wrapped around her little finger.  ;)

The kids got to play while the grown-ups munched and chatted:
Ari the firefighter.
Lexi was thrilled to find a coloring book (even though I hid the colored pencils from her).
 Lately Ari has been such a little ham for the camera.  This is her new "cheese face":
She scrunches up one eye and looks like a pirate.  haha  She cracks me up!
After spending some time with Brent Elora, we headed to my friend Emily's house.  The kids got to hang out and play some more before heading home for the day.  Thanks, M, for letting us crash the place!  ;)

It was a really great day.  It was so special to see Brent bless his first daughter.  
He's such a good dad and I'm grateful to call him my friend.

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Congrats to them on their beautiful baby. I love her blessing dress!

About Our Family