Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lady A concert!

On Valentine's Day I ditched Shane and the kiddos and left to the Lady Antebellum concert with my friend, Kim, whose hubby, Kevin, had no interest in going to a chick concert, either.  ;)  We stopped at In-N-Out (YUM!!) for the best burgers around and then headed for the Delta Center Energy Solutions Arena!  Earlier in the day, I found out through Facebook that my friends from Fillmore would be at the concert, too!  Kim and I met up with them really fast before the concert started.

Me and cute preggo Kenz (Chad was there, too, just not in the picture)
Kim and I
 There were two openers for Lady A.  The first was Thompson Square.  They are best known for the song, "Are you gonna kiss me or not?" and they did a fantastic job! I didn't realize that they are married, but I'm so glad they are because they are just adorable together.  :)  At the end of their short 25 minute set, the guy (don't know his name...) had someone bring roses out on stage for his wife for Valentine's Day.  Awwww....
Cute husband and wife!

I loved her dress!
 It was during Thompson Square that Kim and I noticed something....annoying.  These girls near us would NOT sit down.  They were standing there dancing when EVERYONE else was sitting and trying to enjoy the show.
So distracting.
 Anyway, after that, Darius Rucker came out!
He's one of my all-time favorite country artists and I was SO excited that he was opening for Lady A!
If you don't know who he is, YouTube him.  He's so, so talented.  His set lasted an hour (I think?  Or close to it) and he even busted out an old Hootie and the Blowfish song.  It was awesome!

Darius!

I can make anyone look tan.  haha  (The blond girl's expression behind me is cracking me up.)
 After Darius, it was time to get ready for the main event!  WOO!



LADY A!!
 It was SUCH a good concert!  
All of the bands were fantastic!  A fun, fun night!!

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I haven't been to a concert forever but they are always so much fun. Even better that you ran into Kenzie there too. :)

About Our Family