Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Before and after

Well, besides a bit more cleaning, the basement apartment is FINALLY ready to rent! YAY! I have the before and after pictures for you, but only of the basement. The upstairs will be another day (after the day where I clean to take pictures...). The basement is about 1250 sq. ft. and a LOT of work (and money!) went into it. Enjoy!

This is the master bedroom before. There was water damage under the windows, so Shane had fun tearing stuff out and then fixing it.

We put new carpet in the bedrooms...and new paint. It's amazing what some paint can do for a place!


This is the second bedroom (the medium sized one). You can see the water damage around the windows here.

The 2nd bedroom after! We still need to go buy doors for the closets. They didn't come with them.

Before....this is the 3rd bedroom (and smallest). I figure it can either be a baby's room (they don't need much room, right?) or an office. I absolutely HATED painting the paneling. I didn't like that color, though, so I knew I had to do it.

3rd bedroom after!

Massively huge bathroom before.

Ta-Da! Shane put in a new toilet (the other one was NASTY!), there was no fan-so Shane put that in as well. Luckily, the previous owners actually did the tile right in here (you will understand why I say that after I do the upstairs pictures...), so we didn't have to put new tile in.

Another view of the bathroom before. It's big, huh?!

And after!

This is the living room area before...that cord coming in was a quick-fix way to hook cable up.

And the living room after!

This is more living room/getting into the kitchen area....before...

After!

And I saved my favorite for last: the kitchen...before..

Before...the fridge is leaning to one side, the dishwasher may or may not work and it's missing the bottom cover part, and the oven and disposal don't work at all. (It STUNK before Shane got the disposal working-yuck! It had been sitting there for at least a year-sick!)

AFTER! YAY! We brought down the fridge and dishwasher from upstairs and bought a brand new oven (I am SO jealous!), painted (the cabinets, too!!), and fixed the disposal (and lit a few candles). :D It looks SO much better!

Another view of the kitchen after-so pretty!

Another view as you come into the apartment of the living room.

So, not exactly Extreme Home Makeover or anything, but it is at least decent to rent now! Woo!

6 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Wow, that looks a ton better. Good job! I need to come see it in person. Hopefully you get good renters soon!!

The Graves.... said...

Wow, it looks really great! Nice work.

The Boehme Family said...

Nice work! That was A LOT of painting!

Kristin said...

Wow, that looks great! I am impressed with Shane's handyman skills! I love the color of the walls, good choice.

Steph said...

Wow!! I really like it, that is a really nice rent, it's huge!! Let us know how the renting process goes!!

Jorgensen Bunch said...

Holy cow! that looks soooo much better! It totally reminds me of our basement appt. The cable cord in the windo and all. I was laughing so hard. But wow, it looks so good now! Nice job. PS We are going camping at Payson lakes this weekend. I didn't know that was where you guys went last yr. I'm sure with your location you'll have that renting in no time. And remember, start high and work your way down, trust me!

About Our Family