Monday, May 11, 2009

Lovin' life

We have been having so much fun in our new house (and in the backyard...mostly the backyard...haha)! Not too much has been going on....I am not used to not working, so I get really, really bored and force people to come visit me (one car is not fun...). SO, we have had a lot of visitors!! I really love having people over and Kaden loves it when they bring their kids. :D As long as you don't mind a messy house, c'mon by! I have been into making bows a lot lately.....like I said, BORED....but I am not really crafty so it's a good thing Shane doesn't care what the bows look like...haha. Here are some fun pics because we are camera crazy!
Kaden ready to play in the sprinklers outside! I bought him a 24 month swimming suit so that it would last through the summer....maybe by then it won't be down to his ankles (better sun protection, though, right? haha) Those pink swimming shoes are my cousin's little girls' shoes...Kaden didn't have any shoes except his tennis shoes at that time, so we put those on him to protect his little feet when he went outside. :) Poor kid.

Kaden was in the tub and I had just put Lexi in her P.J.'s. I asked Shane to hold her for a minute. He was sitting by the tub to keep an eye on Kaden. Well, Kaden starting splashing and Lexi thought it was hilarious! These two kids sure love each other! We even got a video of the action:



I took Lexi and snapped a quick picture of her face....all wet from the splashing...hahaha. Kaden used to do that same face in pictures:
Isn't he so cute?! This is when he was about the same age that Lexi is now: 5 months old.

I absolutely love his face!! Anyway, I got stuck on memory lane there for a minute....couldn't choose just one picture of him from last year. :D

Yuki, Josiah, Kai, and Lily all stopped by for a visit! Lexi and Lily...they were born 3 weeks and 1 day apart. Aren't they adorable?

Kaden loves these little chairs my cousin bought....there is a pink one and there is a blue one....he usually wants the pink one....haha. He doesn't look happy about being caught in the pink chair!

So, like I said, I've been bored...here are some more bows I have made. Most of them have been experiments that I was just playing around with. The little polka dot one in the top right corner I made because this fabric perfectly matched a dress our friend bought for Lexi. :) I was so excited about the 4th of July korkers (the curly ones) that I made! They turned out just like I had pictured they would! Yay!

So, with all these new bows, I decided it was time for a bow board! Eventually I will find a better place for the headbands, but for now, this works until I run out of room on the board. :)

Lexi turns 5 months old tomorrow (May 12th) and this past Saturday (May 9), she rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time ever!! Of course, we made her do it over and over until she was exhausted and fell asleep. :) I wanted to make sure she could still do it today, so I got the camera out and tested her:



Kids are so fun! I am so excited for summer!

4 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That makes me want a house (of course I already wanted one anyways). That's so cute that Kaden and Lexi are starting to play together. I've told Scott before that I see a lot of the same mannerism in Lexi that I did with Kaden when he was little. They sure are cute! Way to go Lexi with the rolling over. You can see how proud she is of herself in the video. :)

Jamee said...

Holy cow, I can't believe how big she is!!!

The Boehme Family said...

Wait a second - cute kids and all, but I am still waiting for pictures of the house... Okay, the kids can come before the house.

The Frosts said...

Lexi is adorable and those faces that her and Kaden make in the pictures are really cute and funny. That is really exciting that Lexi rolled over and she looked so happy and proud that she did!

About Our Family