Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Shane!

Yesterday was Shane's 26th birthday! He hates surprises, but I LOVE surprising people, so I decided it is time for him to learn to love it. :D It started with a surprise party on Saturday. I kept it very small because Shane likes smaller groups rather than huge ones. He had absolutely no idea and was a great sport about it. Our friends kidnapped Shane Saturday morning so that I could get everything ready. I had everyone wait in the kitchen and told them I would somehow get Shane in there one way or another. It worked out perfectly because Shane and Danny (the kidnapper) had gone to Lowe's and bought yet more stuff for our basement. Shane walked in the door and headed straight for the kitchen so that he could take the stuff downstairs. It was perfect!
Some of the people waiting...(from left: half of my mom, Shane's 18 year old sister Janelle, Shane's 15 year old sister Breanne, Shane's mom)

Shane was thoroughly surprised...this is as much of a reaction as you will get out of him. :)

Shane was a great sport and I loved it!

We had brownies and ice cream instead of cake and ice cream because Shane LOVES, LOVES, LOVES brownies. :) The numbers say 36 instead of 26 because the 2 is still in a box somewhere apparently. Oops.... :D But it did make for some good jokes.

More people (well, the same ones, just moved around). haha

Shane reading a card....here is Danny (the kidnapper). Thanks Danny!

Shane's family on the couch, Steph (Danny's wife) in the green shirt, Kelly (brunette) next to my cousin Jessica (blonde...haha).

My mom playing with Lexi...who do you think is having more fun? ;)

The Crystal Light was yummy!

Shane excited about some computer thingy he got.

Shane and Kaden

Kaden knows what he wants! :D

Lexi loves her daddy

So, Monday (Shane's actual birthday) I took him to see Wolverine and then to Red Robin, then to Cold Stone. :D Kelly was awesome enough to babysit the kids for us. It was the first time in 2 years that we have gone on a date (except temple outings) without kids. It was so nice! Thanks Kelly!!

We were the only ones in the theater (until 4 more people showed up right before it started....but we still basically had the place to ourselves). I was trying to take a picture, but it hurt Shane's eyes so he kept blinking when the flash went off (his eyes hurt because of his eye disease...). We tried one more picture and Shane promised to keep his eyes open...

LOL....he kept his eyes open! :D

Red Robin was delicious, of course, as well as Cold Stone. While we were gone, Kelly was beating our children....(totally kidding! Kelly is awesome!)

Kaden was really, really excited to see Liz and he ran into a corner of a glass table. Poor kid, but honestly, he's had worse. This wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. :)

He looks like I put eye shadow on him. :)

And now, a message from Lexi:
(p.s. she literally does this ALL day-I think it is hysterical!)

4 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Thanks for posting those lovely pictures of me taking a drink. I guess that is what I get for beating your kid. Poor Kaden, his eye looks worse today. I'm just glad he didn't need stiches. Next time I will try to keep him in one piece.

The Porter Family said...

Kelly...seriously it's not bad AT ALL. He has been hurt much worse and it was when four people were watching him, so don't feel bad. :)

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

What a good little wife you are! Sounds like a fun birthday... I was going to say... there is no way Shane is 36 but then I kept reading and saw you couldn't find the 2. Glad you all are doing well. Your kids are adorable!

Steph said...

What a fun birthday!! Sky doesn't like surprises either, what is up with that? I LOVE them!! That's sad about Kaden though and way cute about Lexi, it's so funny that she does that, cute!!

About Our Family