Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

This past Tuesday, August 18th, was my 24th birthday! This was the first birthday in two WHOLE years that I haven't been preggo for (which was AWE.SOME. that I wasn't this year). :D It was a week long Lorettapalooza party!! We went out to eat (tons) and played Rock Band (tons) and I was even serenaded by a 17 year old boy (Shane was there, too-I'm not looking for jail bait). I don't know if I am wiser, but I definitely feel another year older. :) Enjoy the pics!
The best cook in the world (yup, that's right-my grandpa!!) made me this delicious cake! yummm...

Lexi happily munching on her graham cracker at Red Robin.

If you enjoy public humiliation, go to Texas Roadhouse for your birthday. I thought restaurants stopped doing stuff for your birthday-NOPE! My traitor friends ratted me out when we were there (actually, it was the traitor 17 year old brother of my friend) and the waitress wouldn't believe me when I told her it wasn't really my birthday and that they were all lying. The servers bring out this saddle and make you sit on it while everyone yells "Happy Birthday" at you, then they hand you some ice cream for being a good sport. I tried really, really hard to keep my face down so no one would recognize me (and I made Kaden join me-haha).

As I was getting off the dumb saddle, I let them take one okay picture of me.

After dinner, we went to their house and played Rock Band!! (From the right) Shane rockin' the drums, Danny wailing on the guitar, and Jared (the traitor 17 year old) was singin' along while Kaden runs in circles.

Stephanie on the guitar, her two brothers Josh (standing) and you already know Jared.

Lexi (and Kaden in the back) loving Rock Band.

On my actual birthday, Shane took the day off of work (he didn't even do that for his own birthday!) and I got to sleep in til 8:00!! It was heaven! Then I took a long shower without hearing, "Mama done?". We watched Twilight while Kaden took a nap, then went to the park and had some friends meet us there.

Kaden, of course, headed straight for the slides. :)

Liz!

While Kelly and Liz babysat (THANK YOU!!) Shane and I went to Souper Salad for dinner (first time eating out without kids in two years-no joke-it was heaven). Later, everyone came over for cake and ice cream and yet more Rock Band (I can't get enough-seriously). :D

The cake my cute mommy made for me. It's a mayonnaise cake (so not kidding). You use 1 cup of mayo instead of eggs and oil. It is DELISH!!

The gorg roses from Kelly, Scott, and Liz. I am a sucker for roses since I rarely get them from Shane so Kelly gets a lifetime of free babysitting now. haha

Kaden and Liz playing "Where's Kaden?" It was adorable.

Kelly entertaining Lexi.

Here are Kaden and Liz playing their game. :)



This next video I have to explain a bit. When we were at Danny and Stephanie's house for Rock Band, Kaden was just kind of hanging out and playing on his own. He didn't really pay any mind to what the grown ups were doing....until he heard the right music. The boys chose to play a song that puts the Rock in Rock and Roll. One where the lead singer should be called the lead screamer (not my type of music). I was worried about how Kaden would react to this song, since someone was screaming singing along. Kaden was fine until it got to the really loud chorus, then....he freaked out. No, I mean the good freaked out. Suddenly Kaden turned towards the TV and started dancing and clapping and laughing so hard!!! Everyone playing the instruments and singing along was laughing so hard at Kaden that no one could finish the song and they flunked out. It was hilarious! They played it again a little while later, so I recorded Kaden to see if he would do the same thing. He still loves it, but it isn't quite as big as the first time he heard the song. lol
P.S. You can see Kaden do the sign for more after clapping for a little bit. hahaha




1 comment:

Steph said...

Happy Birthday girl!! Sounds like you had a ton of fun, your kids are too stinkin' cute!!

About Our Family