Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas 2009!

Yes, I am finally posting our Christmas pictures. I think the rule is you have at least a month after, right? ;) On Christmas Eve, we went to Shane's parent's house for dinner, games, and (of course) presents! It was so much fun and of course I forgot the camera. Kaden got a train set (he refused to put it down for 24 hours. He took it to bed, to the bathroom, in the tub....literally everywhere). :) It was lotsa fun! Then, we came home and opened Christmas Eve gifts (new PJ's), which the kids looked adorable in.
On Christmas Day, it was hands down the BEST Christmas I have had in a long time. It was such a relaxing day! The kids slept until 7:30ish, then I got to use my brand new Belgian waffle maker (YUM!!!!!) and we had a delicious breakfast with eggs, sausage, and WAFFLES!!! I LOVE waffles and the waffle maker we got when we were married (5 years ago) broke somewhere along the way (from overuse...*cough*). I have been wanting a nice one for foreva and when I saw one at the Black Friday sales, I knew Shane would love his gift to me. ;)

Note to self: 6' trees are a whole lot shorter than they sound. I put it up on a box, which accomplished two things: 1) make the sad lil' tree look bigger, and 2) get the ornaments away from Lexi. :)

I was so excited for Kaden to finally have a basketball hoop!

Christmas morning-I wanted a picture of Kaden's face when he saw the bball hoop. Instead, we get this confused-just-waking-up look. "Why are they taking pictures of me walking??"

Can you see the huge smile on his face? :) We had to raise it up as high as it will go because he could just walk right up and dunk it. Which, even at it's highest, he can still do, but at least now he has to get on his tippy toes and stretch just a bit.

Me opening presents with the kids. Lexi is obsessed with paper and loved being allowed to rip it.

Santa brought Kaden bath bubbles and Lexi got bath numbers & letters. I put her in the tub after our yummy breakfast and she kept eating the bubbles. lol That's why she has a bubble goatee. :) Dang-she's ADORABLE!

Kaden played with his train set ALL. MORNING. My mom and siblings came over later to exchange gifts before heading to my grandparents house for dinner (as we have ever since I was born...). The next day, we had dinner at my dad's house. Someone at church asked me how I was "so lucky" to get three separate Christmas dinners. I told her, "Well, my parents are divorced." I could see the instant regret on her face, so I tried to make a joke out of it. "I guess there are some benefits of divorce, right?" She just kind of chuckled and murmured "yeah." then walked away. hahaha I thought it was hilarious. :)

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Christmas is so much better now. I love Lexi's face in the tub picture. What a cutie! YUMM, waffles sound really good right now.

About Our Family