Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oh what do you do in the wintertime, when all the world is white....and freezing cold?

Kaden is getting spring fever...or cabin fever....or whatever fever makes you antsy to get outside. Back in the summer & fall when we would go to the park, I would literally have to drag him away (even after HOURS there). He would kick and scream the way that would make any parent happy if their child were being kidnapped. I was always so worried that that is exactly what someone would think I was doing. Anyway, I can't wait for the warmer weather in a few months coming up soon. :) In the meantime, here's some of what we've been up to this year.

We went to In-N-Out in American Fork with our friends Ben and Amy from England. It was just as delicious as I remembered! I love that place. :)

I found out that Kaden is for sure double jointed like me. This is how he sits to relax. I can't even tell you how many times Shane has made fun of me for the weird positions I sit in and don't even realize it. It's just comfortable! :)

Almost three months ago Lexi got her helmet. Feb. 2 is her next appointment where they will either say she's done, or she has another two weeks. Either way, almost done! Sometime in the last three months, look what happened:

Lexi's hair...curly on top (I had just taken it out of her pigtails, so it's a little crazy.

This is the look we have grown accustomed to for three months. I didn't realize what was happening under that helmet until after her bath this morning. I decided to play with her hair for a while and saw this gorgeousness:

The flash washed her out in this pic, sorry, but check out how much beautiful, curly hair this little woman has!!!! I told Shane when we got married that I only married him because I always wanted a little girl with curly hair. Apparently, he is a good listener. ;) I can't wait for her to be done with the helmet so I can do her hair almost every day!! For those of you wondering, Lexi is still not walking. She will take 3 or 4 steps, then drop down to crawl since that's faster for her. And no, she still has ZERO teeth. I keep telling myself everyday that I can feel her teeth cutting through....one of these days it will be true. (Hopefully)

3 comments:

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

I love Lexi's curls. I think any kid that has curls is so cute. Brady used to have them but then they became unruly and we cut them. I too can't wait until the warmer weather so we can go to the park and play outside more.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

So jealous of the curls!!! Lucky.

Erin said...

her curls are too cute! how fun is that!

About Our Family