Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hearing problems

When Shane got home from work a couple of nights ago, Lexi went running up to him (as usual) to greet him with a big hug and sloppy kiss.  Kaden runs up to him, too, but skips the kissing part (Kaden reserves his kisses for me....).  ;)

Anyway, when Shane scooped Lexi up into his arms, he put her down really fast and let me know she had soaked through her diaper.  I was sitting on the couch feeding Ari, so I said, "Have fun with that."

No, going to a 9-5 job doesn't exempt you from helping out with your kids when you get home.  Sorry!
*not sorry at all....MY job is 24/7, so why should you get a break?* 

So, I told him (my EXACT words), "She needs new pants, so if you look in her closet, grab the pink pants that are on the hanger."

This is how she came back:
Look at her face: Mom, HELP!


 Um....yeah.

I started laughing SO hard when Lexi walked in the room.  Shane followed her in and asked (completely serious) what was so funny.

Me: (Still laughing) "What happened to the pink pants in her closet?!  That is a diaper cover for one of her dresses and it was in her dresser drawer!"

Shane: "Oh. Um....I thought you said the pink shorts in her dresser!"

He was serious.

"At least I got the pink part right!"

Yeah, hon, good job listening.

Am I the only one who's husband has selective hearing?

3 comments:

Jamee said...

ha, you guys crack me up!

Halley said...

Haha, this one makes me laugh! Don't you just love married life?? Especially parenthood!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I can totally see Shane doing that. Haha! Lexi's face says it all.

About Our Family