Monday, November 29, 2010

Sneaky cheeky monkey

Ok, I know I need to post on my surgery last week, but I'm waiting until I find the dang cord to my camera so y'all can see the pictures (no videos this time...sorry).

A couple of weeks ago, I was craving some rice krispy treats.  When I googled the recipe, one came up that said Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats.  HOLY. FREAKING. COW.  Yes, please!!  

I had some extra chocolate almond bark lying around that I really needed to use, so I thought, what the heck, let's cover this puppy in chocolate and see how it tastes.  
Chocolate + peanut butter = deliciousness


I made them and ate 3/4 of the pan by myself Shane and I finished the pan within hours.  Pigs....yeah, yeah, I know.  Sue me.  :)

Well, I cut it up in the pan and was waiting for the chocolate to harden a bit more.  I left the kitchen (first mistake) and went in the living room to feed Ari.  The kids were running around playing and I didn't think twice when I heard one of our kitchen chairs being dragged across the floor (second mistake).  All of a sudden, Lexi came into the living room like this:
(sorry for the blurry pics...the closest camera I had was my phone)

You know you love me.
 So, I figure at this point, what else can I do but laugh and let her finish it?  :)  I didn't want chocolate everywhere, though, so I strapped her in to her high chair and made sure she kept her bib on.

Like my mustache?  ;)
 
 
She made a HUGE mess and loved every choco-peanut buttery morsel. :)  

Isn't it fun to be a kid?

2 comments:

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Haha LOL! She is so stinkin' cute! She's got her Momma's sweet tooth - and I'm sure she'll be an awesome baker just like you too:)Miss your goodies!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That's my girl! Those look delicious. See you this Sat. Don't forget the princess dress!

About Our Family