Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Too nice

Today was Shane's last day at work for the week (more on that later...check back Friday if you want to know why he gets an extra long weekend), so I made some Easter treats for his coworkers!  :)

(And, P.S., it's really not that big of a deal because there are only about ten people that he works directly with so it's not like I'm making hundreds of treats or anything...)

I got this idea from a blog, but I can't remember which one.  But she (that blogger) probably got it from here, since we all know all good things originate from The Pioneer Woman.

Sorry, yet again, for the crappy phone pics.  I couldn't find our normal camera.

The world's most adorable helper.
I loved his pose in this so much that I had to post it.  :D
Cute lil' guy....er, um...girl (since there are eggs).
I accidentally touched this guy with chocolate fingers, so I thought I'd go with it and make him a speckled bird.  Kaden said he just looks muddy and needs a bath.
Because I had chocolate all over my hands from arranging the "nests," Shane had to do the birds and eggs (while the chocolate was still warm and melty), so that's why the eggs aren't arranged all cutesy.
Yummy!
What I changed:
-The blog I saw used chocolate covered chow mein noodles, which just straight up didn't sound delicious at all, so I got some stick pretzels and broke them in thirds.  I had a pretty handsome helper, too, who was great at breaking pretzels.  ;)

-The other thing I changed was to add the lil' peep bird.  It's not like it's all that creative (a bird in a nest, NO WAY......*cough*), but I liked what it added to the look of it.  :D

Shane's coworkers loved them and once again were posting pictures of it on Facebook (they did that with my Angry Bird cupcakes, too).

Now I've gotta think of something amazing to do for the 4th of July.  
Any ideas?

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I love it! Soon they will be expecting a creative treat for each holiday. :)

About Our Family