Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ari's 15 months old!

I know I have other stuff I need to blog about, but I have to write type this down before I forget it.

Ari had her 15 month well-child visit tonight. 
(*sniff*  I can't believe she's so old already.)

 Side story that is important to the one I just started...bear with me people:
Kaden woke up last night about two hours after he went to bed and was crying because his eye was gooped shut and he couldn't get it open for anything.  I fixed it and thought he had pink eye, but when he woke up, there was no goop at all.  His eyes were a little swollen and slightly red, but nothing like the last time he had pink eye (a year and a half ago or so).  So, I figured his eyes were just a little irritated from the previous night's goop and didn't worry about it.

Well, by the time my night class was over and I came home to pick Ari up really quick, his eyes were still swollen and getting a little more red by the hour.  I decided to bring him in, too, and Shane and Lexi had a little daddy-daughter date at home while I bravely took the other two out.

SO!

We were on the way to the doctor's office when Kaden asked where we were going.  I told him we were taking Ari to the doctor.  Now, remember way back when (a couple of months ago...) when Kaden said that he knew that babies came from the doctor?  Well, he kinda freaked out:

"We're giving Ari back?!"  
He was SO sad and SO panicked.

Through my laughter, I managed to squeak out that no, no, we weren't giving her back (not today anyway), the doctor just wanted to see how tall she was.  He was relieved, but still didn't seem fully convinced.  hahaha

Anyway, so here are Ari's stats if you're wondering:

Height: 29.2 inches (15%)
Weight: 20.2 lbs (15%) 
(she had on a full diaper to help out)

Where on EARTH do I get these short girls from???

Doc said that at Ari's age, most kids are going through growth spurts.  Between 12-15 months, most kids grow at least an inch a month and gain at least 1 lb a month.

Not my kid!  :)

In the last three months, she grew exactly HALF an inch and gained exactly ONE lb.

I don't think Kaden ever has to worry about either of his sisters being taller than him.

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Kaden is such a cute big brother. Maybe your girls will hit their growth spurts a little later. :)

About Our Family