Saturday, January 7, 2012

Welcoming a new year

I haven't posted our New Year's Eve party yet because, well, we were lame and didn't party.

I have this thing...

I like sleep.

Yup, it's true.
And there were a couple of facts that I considered for a few days before the 31st, mainly being:
1) We were switching to 9:00 AM church and the kids were ornery enough with it being at 1:00.
and
2) I learned from last year (maybe the year before?) that no matter what time we put our kids to bed (except Lexi), they'll be up at the crack of dawn (which, in turn, means I have to get up, too).

So, on the 31st, we had some out-of-state visitors come and see us for a while.  I'll post pictures as soon as I get them emailed to me.  We were playing with her new camera, so I didn't get any with my own camera.  After that, I made a yummy dinner and let the kids drink store bought chocolate milk (a special treat around these parts), then put them to bed 30 minutes after their usual bedtime (they were in bed by 8:30).

Am I a horrible mom or a smart one?

Both.

Shane and I stayed up, watched a movie, and drank some sparkling cider.
We were in bed by 10:30 (an hour after I like to be asleep  haha).

We rang in a new year well rested and everyone was happy!  :)
We even got to church a little early!  WOO!

Maybe this year I'll let them stay up until 9:00.  ;)

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

With little kids it's a bit pointless to stay up late anyway. At least they got a treat.

About Our Family