Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Saturday

This past Saturday was so much fun!

After I did my time in the hub (boo!), we headed over to the Colton's house for cute Logan's 2nd birthday party!  His mom, Kelly, is seriously AMAZING with well, everything, but she does parties so well that I'm going to hire her someday.  Fer real yo.

Anyway, the party was Thomas themed!  It started with a bean bag toss game.  That is the moment I learned that Lexi throws a ball/bean bag like it's a shot put.  Another athletic skill we need to work with her on. ;)  After games, it was time for cake:
How cute is this?!?!  Kelly is so creative!
 This was one of the very few times I have been crazy tempted since I went off of sugar at the beginning of the year.  Only 5 1/2 more months!

All the kids got to blow out a candle.

haha  I love his expressions.

Scott is such a good daddy.

Cutie patootie!
 
Logan loved the oreos. Mmmmm....
Ari was excited to get the toys all to herself while the older kids ate.  (I did give her some ice cream later.)
After the kids ate their weight in candy, cake, and ice cream, it was time to burn off the sugar rush!  The kids handed their tickets over to the station master (Kelly) and headed off to get a train!


All of the kids got conductors hats!

Birthday boy!

Choo-choo!

The adorable Liz.

Kaden and Lexi were loving the train table.

Ari loves her hat!
It was a great party, Kelly!

After that, we headed to Red Robin with Shane's parents.  We rarely ever go out (not just with them, but even just go out in general), and his parents asked us what the announcement was.  Shane had told me beforehand to tell them I was pregnant.  hahaha  I didn't because I figure that's just jinxing myself. ;)

After dinner, we went to Barnes and Noble so I could spend my gift card my mom got me for Christmas.  I've been purposely avoiding using it until now so that I wouldn't read my books before my flight tomorrow and I wanted something to do.

We let the kids read in the kids area and they didn't want to leave.  
*sigh*  Makes my heart happy to have kids that love to read.  :)

The snow was coming down hard, but we had one last stop: Kohl's!  Woo!  It's our favorite store ever.  Shane's shoes had finally given out, so we bought him some new ones (and some shirts because I can't resist a sale).  :)  Thanks to Shane, we made it home safely in the storm.

It was a long, fun day!

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

We are glad you braved the snow and came to the party. Sounds like a longggg but fun day. So what book did you get? Enjoy your trip!

About Our Family