Wednesday, April 4, 2012

18 months old!!

I know moms (including me) always say this, but I really can't believe my youngest child is a year and a half old already!  I love when kids get older, I really do.  Sleeping through the night, no more teething, communicating without tantrums, potty training....all of my favorite things start happening!  :D  (No, we're not potty training Ari yet.  I'm not quite that crazy.)

Ari had her 18 month well-check yesterday and charmed everyone in the office.  She's such a little ham and the nurse and doc know her so well from her whole RSV thing last year.  (And she remembers them, which helps with the whole "stranger danger" thing she's got going on right now.)

Stats:

Height: 31 inches long (30%) 
She's grown almost a full two inches from three months ago!
Weight: 21.9 lbs (20%)
She gained about a lb and a half in the last three months.  Not ideal at her age, but at least it wasn't a loss (like another one of my children...*coughLEXIcough*).
And her head was about the 30%.

All in all, she's doing great!  Doc asked me how many words Ari has and said that she'd already heard five since she (the doc) had walked in the room.  I told her that Ari has at least 50 and will do her best to repeat literally anything you try to get her to say.  I said that Ari does two word sentences, but only has a few three word sentences.  I couldn't remember how many three-worders they should have at this age.

Doc was really impressed that Ari actually used three word sentences already.  I told her that it's most likely because of listening to Kaden and Lexi and wanting to be "big" like them.  It's not anything I'm doing.  I wanted Ari to show off for Doc, so I told her to say her favorite sentence, "I got it."

She got a huge grin and said, "I------- got IT!!!"

Doc was laughing at how cute Ari is, so I went to Ari's 2nd favorite sentence.

Me, "Say, 'I love you.'"

Ari looked straight at me, back to the Doc, and then firmly said, "NO."

Doc and I were dying laughing.

My cute little photobomber.
Ari has been into "photobombing" lately.  (Learned from Kaden.)  Can you see Lexi behind Ari's head in the pic?  Yeah, anytime I whip out the camera, Ari will wait until she sees the flash go off, then jump into the frame.  She would probably stop if I wasn't laughing so hard at it.


I sure love my baby girl!!

P.S. I've always had the kids call me "Mom" rather than "Mommy."  I don't know why, just have.  But Ari somehow learned "Mommy" and it melts my little heart every. single. time she says it.  She'll walk up to me with her arms out saying, "Mommy!  Mommy!  Hold me!"  How can you refuse that?  ;)

2 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I think this girl is going to always be the life of the party. She's so cute!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I think this girl is going to always be the life of the party. She's so cute!

About Our Family