Friday, April 20, 2012

I might need my tubes tied again

Tonight we babysat our friend's four kids.  There were a total of 7 kids at our house and I thought Shane was going to go into a stress-induced coma.  Or maybe that was me.  We were both reassured that it was the smart thing to do to stop at 3 kids...I have no idea how families with 7 kids do it.  My eye started twitching 20 minutes in.  For real.

It probably didn't help that the kids were all so close in age.  We had a recently-turned-seven-year-old girl (who just knew she was the boss), a recently-turned-five-year-old boy (he and Kaden are in the same Primary class), our four and a half year old boy, our three year old daughter, a two and a half year old girl, an almost two year old boy (they're fostering him - in case you're keeping track of the months here), and our year and a half year old daughter.  WHEW!!  

So, 6 kids 5 and under, plus a bossy, but cute 7 year old.

It was so much fun!  
(I'm only being slightly sarcastic.)

I'm definitely going to get my tubes tied again - just to be safe.

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Yah it gets crazy with that many kiddos. I don't know how people have 7 plus either but I'm sure that since they usually come one at a time you have a chance to adapt. Glad you survived! :)

About Our Family