Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fear

I have been taking a Stress Management class this semester which I enjoy more than I thought I would. It is really interesting learning about stress, anger, fear and a whole lot more. This past week our assignment was about the fear you feel. The teacher explained that most of what we fear will never happen. He posed this question to us that really made me think:

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Doesn't the whole world just open up in front of you?! I would go skydiving and bungee jumping. I am most afraid of these because I just know I would throw up and it would come back and it both me and the poor sap who has to skydive with me. OR my parachute wouldn't come out right, it would be a "bag of garbage" and I would become a human meteorite and die upon impact (or maybe die from a heart attack from realizing what just happened). Either way, DEATH is the result of me going skydiving. Now, in reality, the chance of these things happening is so VERY slim. Shane has been skydiving and LOVED it...but, he's a man and they do stupid things..... :D Think about the question above! What would you do?

4 comments:

Suzanna said...

Oh, yes, a great question!! I would do many things like you mentioned, skydiving and bungee jumping, but I think the thing that would affect me MOST of all is that we would have a much larger business already.

I had that assignment a year ago and I said I'd go talk to 3 people I didn't know at the store... but i went to the store and got scared and didn't talk to anyone. I could and do talk to strangers much more easily now but still, we would have a bigger business had I not been so afraid then (and I still am hesitant sometimes, it comes and goes)....sorry about the novel! :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I would be a singer. :) It's amazing what we don't do because of fear. You could throw me out of a plane anyday (with a parachute of course) and I would probably love it, but ask me to sing and I'm a nervous mess.

The Frosts said...

That is a wonderful question! I would follow my dreams to the highest extent cause I would have no fear of rejection. I have talents that I think (and others think as well) I could turn into a job/business but fear stops me. :) However, I'm glad to report that I am working on them as we speak. :D

About Our Family