Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer lovin'-had me a blast...

I LOVE good weather!! We have been having so much fun outside (even though I can't tan, so you'd never guess I have spent so much time outside...). Weber State has a duck pond and it is a little over a mile away. So, we walked there with my new-to-me double stroller and (once again) drug Kelly and Liz along. It is all uphill on the way there (killer in the heat!), but it makes it nice on the way back. I know I always do tons of pictures, and this post isn't any different....so enjoy! There were a lot of baby ducks there that were SO cute! This picture doesn't do them justice, but, trust me, they were adorable. :)

Liz and Kaden feeding the ducks...well, more just watching them.

I hope you are laughing hard as you look at this picture. :D Yes, Liz is eating the stale bread for the ducks, and yes, Kaden is standing like a 9 month pregnant woman....and no, that is not his first time doing that....
Here is another time I caught him on camera standing like this. Notice what his left foot is doing...hahaha.

Kelly, Liz, and Kaden watching a seagull get attacked by a protective mama duck (it was pretty funny).

Liz's cute outfit...she totally looks like she is talking on a phone. :)

Lexi hanging out at the duck pond.

Both my mom, her sister (since they are twins, this makes sense) and my little brother's birthdays were all the last week of May. This next pic is when we were at my dad's celebrating my little bro's birthday.....my little sis claimed she has gray eyes, so my older sis and I were trying to show her that her eyes are the same as ours.

Me (23 years old), Natalie (17 years old-holy cow!), Suzanna (I don't know if she wants me to list her age...she just had a birthday and is getting up there....hahaha, but she is 15 months older than me, so do the math.).

The next day, Saturday, we went swimming with the Colton's and my cousin Jessica and her little girl, Sophie, at the Clearfield pool. This was Lexi's first time swimming and she mostly loved it! She was dunked...um...a few times (*innocent smile*) but did really well!

Notice how I make Kelly hold my kid so that I can avoid the camera? Haha

My cousin Jessica and Sophie just after going on the huge slide there.

Kaden did not enjoy swimming at all. We will have to keep taking him to get him used to it again. Here is Shane trying to turn Kaden's lips back to their normal color, rather than blue.

What do an hour of swimming, a hot shower, and a full belly equal??? A GREAT nap and one happy little baby!

You want to see Lexi get dunked? Me, too:




Liz came over to play yesterday and I had the kids go outside and "paint." What I did was filled a huge bowl with water, then gave them paintbrushes, and let them go to town!
They loved it so much! This will definitely be a repeat activity, although I would suggest putting them in swimming suits first next time. :)
It was really sunny and hot, so I moved them into the shade on the other side of our fence and kept a really close eye on them.

Lexi in Kaden's hat (I really need to get her a cute pink one) and a bib (since she had just eaten). She enjoyed the shade more than the hot sun.

Kaden and Liz in the shade. Yes, they are both soaking wet....haha, but they had so much fun doing it!

3 comments:

Suzanna said...

So cute! And what a great idea with the "painting". We will have to try that for sure! And you can barely see it, but Natalie's eyes are the exact same as ours! hahahaha, we win!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Kaden little stance is hilarious. I stopped by Maceys on the way home after picking Liz up. Everyone thought she was a little boy since she was wearing Kaden cloths. It was funny.

The Frosts said...

You do put a lot of pictures but I love it! Lexi is adorable. I haven't seen her in real life yet but in the pictures she is too cute. Kaden doing the 9 month pregnant stance is super funny and cute too! Great Idea with the paint brushes by the way! :3

About Our Family