Monday, July 20, 2009

Even more backtracking....

This is my 3rd post of the day (trying so hard to catch up), so keep on reading if you missed the first two. I am just going to post a bunch of random pics in this one, so enjoy!

My very first garden!! My amazing friend Kelly inspired me to start one this year, but I don't think she realized that I honestly do kill everything green that comes within 100 feet of me. Even our grass is dying people! So, needless to say, I didn't have high expectations of anything growing when I randomly threw a bunch of seeds in the ground. I'm not gonna lie...I haven't done much except putting the seeds in the dirt. My dad came over and used his tiller for TWO HOURS (he refused any help even though Shane kept offering over and over).

Holy cow! Something grew!!! My dad came over about a month after I planted and said we might want to weed (oops...haha) and that my garden needed to be thinner (what in my life doesn't?). So, we pulled out the green stuff that actually had the guts to grow in my garden.

I think it looks so sad now. A bit like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. Poor thing.

Kaden's friend Halle had her 3rd birthday party in June. Like a total goober, I forgot there would be a couple of pools there and didn't bring a swimming suit or a swim diaper for him.

So, he ran around in a little mermaid swim diaper. Haha Thanks for saving the day, M.

Kaden LOVES cars! He is so cute because he makes sure to park them when he leaves them. They always have to be right next to each other and all of them facing the right way.

The other day I told Kaden "ok bud, park your cars, it's time for a nap!" He parked his cars, while I grabbed his puppy. then he walked in front of me to his room and got in bed. He sat down on the bed, I handed him his puppy and gave him a kiss, then he layed down and went to sleep!! I was in shock! He did the same thing last night, too. After family prayers, I said, "it's time to go nigh-night." He grabbed Puppy, and went to bed. Holy cow! Who's raising this well behaved child?!

I was doing dishes the other day and set Lexi up with some toys to keep her happy. It got really quiet, so I went in to check on her. This is what I found...

How stinkin' cute is that?!

Of course, neither of them would look at me when I tried to get a cute shot from the front, but I still think I have some pretty great kids. :)

Ok, I am done blogging for today. We had a WAY fun weekend though, so I will blog about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Your garden is looking good. I think that is funny that your dad had to suggest weeding and thinning the garden. You crack me up. :)

Harts said...

I can't believe she is sitting up! They grow up SOOOO fast!

About Our Family