Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Holidays are seriously so much more fun with kids. :)

We carved pumpkins a few days ago and Kaden and Lexi thought it was awesome.

Ari slept through the whole event, but what can you expect from a three week old? I'm sure she'll enjoy it more next year. :)

Shane's intense look of concentration. Kaden was really good at supervising.

Cutie patootie Lexi.

This look on Shane's face is saying, "Oh my heck! Why are you taking pictures of this?!" You'd think he would be used to it by this point. :)

Here is the girl's pumpkin!

And here is the boy's pumpkin. I think girls totally beat boys. :) And Kaden was holding his hands up saying, "Stop, Mom. No pictures." What is Shane teaching him... ;)

Kaden was so sad when we left the pumpkins outside on the porch. But then every time someone would come to our house, he made sure that they had seen his pumpkin on the way in.

This was originally going to be Ari's costume, until fate stepped in and everything magically worked out.

On Saturday, we went to our friend's house (Danny and Steph). We had a yummy soup dinner (beef stew and cheesy potato....YUM), then took the kids trick-or-treating! Kaden was SO excited and was mad when I told him we were going to wait a few minutes to see if the rain would stop (it did).

More from the party.

Family shot! Do you see Ari's costume?! How adorable are my kids?! We have Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, and the scariest little pirate around. ;)

I love my kiddos. :)

While trick-or-treating, Lexi would run ahead, then turn around like, "Hurry!" She didn't understand why we would pass some houses (without lights on) and would run up to their doors anyway. It was so funny.

Both kids running ahead. :) CANDY!!

Waiting at a door. Lexi was so funny because every time right AFTER the person had shut the door, she would say, "Bye!" and stand there waiting for a response.

It was a fun night and the kids walked a lot farther than I thought they would. :) We were gone for about an hour. Now we get to break out the Christmas decorations!!
(Don't judge...I just don't have any Thanksgiving ones...)

3 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Where did you get Ari's adorable costume? That is sooo cute and it goes along perfect with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. They all looked so cute. I'm only sad that I didn't get to see them in person.

Mackenzie Bailey said...

I love that family theme! Shane should have dressed up in tights with Kaden haha. Tell Lexi I'm way jelous, I always always wanted to be Tinker Bell! Maybe I still will one day;)

The Porter Family said...

Kelly-Ari's costume was borrowed from this woman in my ward. She came through at the last minute and it worked out perfectly! :) Yeah, you missed out on some YUMMY food!
Kenz-I think next year you should be a pregnant (*cough*) Tinkerbell, k? :) No pressure... ;)

About Our Family