Monday, October 25, 2010

Let me get you a puke bucket...

I really haven't been trying to be a bad blogger lately.

Promise.

Here's the thing, though. I just had a baby three weeks ago and all that I have to write about are happiness and rainbows. People don't want to hear over and over how amazing my kids and husband and life are!
*GAG*
People want to hear how tired and sore you are. (Sorry ladies, I'm not.) They want someone they can relate to. No one wants to read a blog about how because Shane lost his job four days before Ari came, he's been home to help the whole time. Which means, not only do we only have to feed Ari once or twice a night, I've gotten to sleep in almost every day of the last three weeks!
Heaven.

And people don't want to hear about what an ANGEL your newborn is. Sleeping 19-20 hours a day and being the sweetest little thing alive. And since I'm not nursing, Shane gets to help with the feedings (AWESOME to not be tied to the couch 24/7!!!)!

When Ari was almost two weeks old, I showed up to the Relief Society's Super Saturday craft day with Ari. I didn't have to bring her-Shane would have been fine at home with all three kids, but I knew there would be women there who would want to see/hold her. (I was right.) I couldn't believe how many comments I got about how brave I was for coming to the craft day when I just had a baby. I was thinking, "Why?? What's the big deal? I feel great! I've gotten more sleep since she's been born than I have in the last six months!!"

I feel incredibly lucky and so, so blessed. Kaden and Lexi adore their baby sister. We found out last week that Shane got what is pretty much his dream job and he starts immediately. He is so funny-he is actually excited to go work on computers all day. ;)

I definitely know that Heavenly Father has been looking out for us. The timing of everything could not have been more perfect. Shane was home to help until I could feel sane being left alone with three children three and under. THEN he gets a job that he is going to love, with a pay raise, AND he will be working on Hill Air Force Base, which just opens all sorts of doors for him. As unexpected as Ari was, she is amazing and so loved.

Shane gets the award for the best comment in the last three weeks. He had just fed and burped Ari, then he set her down for some tummy time. He looked at me and was completely serious when he said, "Do you think we're holding her enough?"
All together now.....AWWWWWW.
My man is the best.
(see what I mean?! "My husband's awesome...blah, blah, blah...give me some drama!!")

3 comments:

Erin said...

oh trust me, I WANT to read about rainbows and sunshine. There HAS to be light at the end of this tunnel!!! being pregnant SUCKS and having a newborn is so heavenly so bask in it, and gloat and brag and all that because I'll be joining you in 2 months (if I survive!)

Jamee said...

love this post!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Things have been working out perfectly for your little family lately and I love hearing about it. Oh, thanks for letting me know about Picaboo. I've used them before so I couldn't get the book but I always love getting a heads up.

About Our Family