Monday, December 13, 2010

Decorating the tree!

For FHE last week, we put up our tree!  Normally I get it up earlier, but with Ari's blessing and a million people coming over for that, I figured we would wait cause we needed all the room we could get.  

I LOVE Christmastime with kids!  Kaden and Lexi totally got into decorating and loved every minute of it.  We turned on some fun Christmas music and got to work:

Lexi quickly realized that putting the ornaments on the tree was harder than it looked, so she started getting them out and handing them to Kaden and I.
She had fun organizing and grouping the ornaments.  Smartie pants.  ;)

When I was growing up, decorating the tree was a very stressful event.  My dad was SO, SO particular about how HIS tree was decorated and told us time and time again to not put a green ornament by a green light, a red ornament by a red light.....you get the picture.  We also couldn't put a round ornament near another round ornament.  Seriously.  So, my attitude now that I have my own kids is, "Do whatever the heck you want to the tree and HAVE FUN!"  :D  I let Kaden do most of the tree by himself (I got the taller part since he's still shorter than me).

Kaden loved decorating the tree.  :)  Every time he put a new ornament on, he would say, "I DID IT!!"

See all the ornaments CLOSE together?  I don't even care and I didn't fix it when he went to bed.  :)  I think it looks fantastic!
 Shane got in trouble because this is what he did while we all decorated the tree:
 Yeah.  

Loser.  

I called him Scrooge for the next two days to make him mad. 
It totally worked.  hahaha

(I felt bad later about getting after him for not helping with the tree when I read my friend, Jamee's, post about how she decorated her tree with her daughter while her son was sleeping and her husband wasn't even home.  It made me realize that it doesn't have to be this huge family activity and it can still be fun.  Just as long as the tree gets up.  So, thanks Jamee!)
Kaden and Lexi with their decorated tree!
Feelin' the love.
 I put up more lights around the house and now EVERY morning the very first thing Kaden does is make sure that every light in the house gets plugged in.  :)  We have all sorts of Christmas spirit around here!  

3 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Ahh, that's adorable! I love the picture of them hugging by the tree. We just decorated our tree too. Liz kept putting all the ornaments on the same limb like Kaden. So cute!

Jamee said...

Thanks for the shout out! Your tree turned out adorable. I have to do a lot of stuff without Randy. He works full time and goes to school full time. If I waited for him to do stuff I wouldn't get anything done. That's what's great about being the parent. We make our own traditions. :) Merry Christmas!

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Tree is so cute! I totally agree about decorating it however they want. Kids are only around for a little while and once they're gone we can do it our way. They make it more fun anyway:)

About Our Family