Monday, December 13, 2010

Jazz game

For Shane's work Christmas party, we got to go to the Radisson in Salt Lake for dinner, then to the Jazz game.  It was our first date without the kids since our anniversary last March.  :)

I wasn't all that impressed with the dinner.  The highlight was the salad.  But meeting Shane's boss and coworkers was fun!  I was expecting all of these nerdy looking guys with glasses and plaid shirts(I mean, come on-they ALL work with computers ALL day and love it), but there was only one guy like that.  
Everyone else was HOT!  When Shane kept introducing me to people, I kept asking where the nerds were and who are the hot guys.  He rolled his eyes at me and said that he didn't think they were hot.  
(I'm glad.)

We headed over to the Jazz game after dinner.  You could tell men had been in charge of the planning because here is what happened:  they were supposed to get a suite, but when doing a head count of those coming, they forgot to count the wives that would come, too and didn't get a large enough suite.  By the time they realized this (2 days before), it was too late to get another suite and so they gave up the one suite that they had and traded it for the only available tickets left:  above the nosebleed section.  
Guys-we were in the rafters.
I think next year one of the wives should volunteer to be in charge.  If we were still going to be there, I totally would.  (That's a whole other blog post, though.)

Anyway, it was fun to spend time with Shane!  We both kept looking around for a kid to take care of and kept going to the back of the car after getting out to get the kids out.  :)

The Jazz were playing the Miami Heat.  One of the guys is 7' 3" tall!!!    That is insane!
I'm pretty sure his name is Goliath.


Shane was thrilled.  haha  Do you see the ceiling behind him?  Seriously-the nosebleed above the nosebleed.
 The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters were great.  The 4th-notsomuch.  Jazz lost.

It was still a fun night out!  It made Shane and I realize just how old we are, though, when 9:00 came around and we were falling asleep at the game.  Yup, we're awesome.  :)

2 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Fun! I know what you mean about looking around for kids to take care of. Too bad about the suite. Men...

Mackenzie Bailey said...

To bad they lost. I least he was too far away to drool over the Jazz players - haha just kidding Shane would never to that:)

About Our Family