Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A great Christmas!

I know I am behind on posting, so I'll do a short summary of the last week.  
Meaning only two or five pictures per event.  :D

We went with our good friends, the Colton's, to Ogden's Christmas Village on the 23rd.  It was warmer than last year, which made it a lot nicer this time.  :)  There were about a million people there, though, which was not so easy with three kids and a blind man.  But it was still fun!  :D

Don't our kids look SO happy to be there?  ;)
 Shane said that I looked like the kid from A Christmas Story....


I was only wearing two shirts, a sweater, a hoodie, and two coats.  :D  But, hey, I was WARM!


Kaden just wanted to see Liz.  The lights were a bonus.  ;)
Can I have some hot chocolate please?
Ari stayed super warm and cozy.   :)
All of the kids!  And Scott....who totally counts as one of the kids.  ;)
Kelly is too fast for me.  I was trying to get a candid shot of her and Scott, but she made sure to smile each time.  This is why I can't get bad pictures of her.  :)
   On Christmas Eve, we went to Shane's parent's house.  I forgot to get out the camera, so no pictures from that-sorry!  The kids had lots of fun, though, and it was a good night.  :D   When we got home, they opened their Christmas Eve pajamas and went to bed to wait for Santa.   
Kaden got up first, so I let him open his stocking stuffers while he waited for Lexi to wake up.  This was a Buzz Lightyear toy that he's been wanting for a while.
Lexi eventually woke up and we opened all the presents!  Here is Kaden opening up his "big boy" bike.
Lexi loved her life sized dancing doll and still carries it around and sleeps with it.  :)  She HAS to have her own little tutu on, too, and they dance and twirl around the living room.
Kaden opened all of Ari's presents for her,  but he made sure he was sitting right by her so that she could see him opening them.  :)  He's such a sweetie.
Here is Kaden showing Ari her present.  :)  He was seriously so cute.
Ari loves Christmas morning!
Kaden spent the morning riding around on his new bike.  :)  We had to put the seat as high as it will go.  He will probably be too tall for it by the time summer gets here at the rate he grows, but Shane said Lexi can use it after that.  HA-like Lexi will be tall enough to use it anytime in the next year.
 After a VERY relaxing morning (the kids also got a V-Tech system and played that all morning) that was really just perfect, we went to my mom's house for a gift exchange before heading over to my grandma's house for dinner with the whole family (who are in Utah, anyway).

It felt a lot more crowded than that picture looks.  ;)
On Sunday, the 26th, we went to my dad's house for dinner and gifts.  You know, it sounds fun having three Christmases because of the divorce, but it was actually just exhausting.  Fun, though, to be able to celebrate with all of our families!  :D   I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!
 Oh, and P.S., Shane bought me a Silhouette!!!!  Click on the link if you are one of the many asking, "What is that??"

And P.P.P.S.S.S.S., Shane got a new computer for Christmas.  He had to buy it for himself because if he left it up to me to buy, I would just look for the cutest one.  ;)

3 comments:

Halley said...

It looks like a great holiday! Glad everything is going so well with your cute little family!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

You guys must have been super good this year since Santa left such nice gifts. I can't wait to try out the vinyl lettering sometime. So do you have a computer in each room now? Tell Shane I think he has an obsession. :)
I love that picture of Kaden opening Ari's presents for her while she is looking at him with a huge smile. So sweet!

Suzanna said...

Fun stuff! We were at the Christmas village on the 23rd too! Amazingly with all the people there, we only ran in to one family we knew, well, that Derek knew anyways. :)

About Our Family