Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy 2nd birthday, Lexi!

Today is Lexi's 2nd birthday!  
Holy cow-where did the last two years go??

She had her doctor's appointment on Dec. 3rd (Ari had her 2 month appt that day, too).

Her stats are: 
Height: 33 inches tall (50%-YAY!!  She went from 25% to 50%!!)
Weight: 25 lbs (25%-so her normal)
She is finally getting taller (although she's got nothin' on Kaden)!

We had her birthday party yesterday, Saturday the 11th.  It was a Minnie Mouse theme.  Lexi has been a bit obsessed with Minnie lately.  :)

Food!

Lexi did NOT want to open presents at first.  She just wanted to keep playing and eating with her cousins.  I had to hold her down on my lap and show her that there were cool things under the wrapping paper. :)
She was so funny.  She had to try on everything she got.  She put on her new backpack (the purple one in this pic) and got some cute new boots that she just HAD to have on RIGHT. THAT. MINUTE.  :)
Lexi got so many cool toys!
Kaden loves them, too.  ;)


The cake!  :)

 The cake was one of my first attempts at using fondant, but I like how it turned out.  Plus, everyone said it tasted great, too.  :D  It took me a loooong time to make and Shane kept coming in the kitchen asking, "Why are you spending so much time on this?!  It's just a cake!"

Men. 

I told him he would never understand until he gets a uterus.
He said he'll pass.

I was all ready to "help" Lexi blow out the candle, but she did a great job!   I think she got it on the 3rd try.  :D
She was clapping for herself.  :D  That's my girl!
I did NOT let her have her own piece of cake this year, but she definitely still got plenty.  (Plus, she found out that if she goes up to people and says, "AHHH" with her mouth wide open, they will feed her cause she's so stinkin' cute.  She got more than her fair share of cake and ice cream.  haha) 

Anyway, I also wanted to point out just how long Lexi's hair has gotten in a year. This was from her party last year:
 

And now this year:
Looong curly hair!  LOVE IT!!  P.S. That's my dad's newest wife, Heidi, in the background.  She's super nice.....she'll never last. 
It was a fun party!  Thanks to all who came!

3 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

We missed out for sure. The cake is amazing. I am putting you in charge of birthday cakes from now on. Really, it was awesome. Happy Birthday cute Lexi. PS: cool presents and holy amazing hair growing ability.

The Porter Family said...

Haha I'll make the cakes if you are in charge of the party. ;)

Jamee said...

I can't believe she is 2!!! Holy cow.
That cake is amazing. Sooo cute. You have to teach me how to do it. By the way, I laughed my head off about the Heidi comment...she'll never last. Ha, I love it.

About Our Family