Monday, February 21, 2011

Doctor, doctor, give me the news....

(can you finish that song??)

So are you sick of hearing about RSV, yet?

I know I am.

Ari has had two (or three?) more doctor's visits since I last posted.  I'm sure Ari thinks Vicki (the doc) is one of her aunts....or another grandma.

This past weekend, Shane and I noticed that Ari was doing slightly better.  She wasn't coughing so much at night that she would wake herself up and there was less...um...crap coming out of her nose.  So I was pretty hopeful for her appointment this morning.  Doc said that her lungs are sounding MUCH better!!!  YAY!  

It's about freakin' time, kid.

We (Vicki and I) aren't sure if the antibiotics they put her on are what are helping her or not, but she's going to stay on them for another five days just in case.  The downside to the antibiotics are that because of them, now Ari has thrush.  Awesome. So now we will be treating her thrush for the next five days to keep it from getting any worse, then when she is done with the antibiotics, we keep treating the thrush and it should go away about four or five days after that.

Poor little drugged up girl.

I realized I forgot to post about her last visit.  She got her very first lung x-ray.  :(  I think the hardest part of being a parent is watching your children suffer and not being able to do a dang thing about it.

Help me!
I put the binky in so she would stop crying.  I felt SO bad.  It didn't hurt her, even though it's not the most comfortable position.

Her x-rays looked like the lungs of a baby with RSV, which of course was expected, but she had no signs of pneumonia-which is awesome!
We still have to continue the breathing treatments, although we are starting to taper them off (only 2 a day now!).   I can't WAIT to be done with this!

In other news, I saw the dentist today.  I {heart} my dentist.  His name is Dr. Hadley and he works/owns Antelope Dental in Syracuse.  I will drive as far as I have to for him to work on my teeth.  :)  I was having pain in one of my teeth, but he told me there wasn't a cavity. The problem was that I am brushing too hard and my gum line has receded!  I didn't even know that was possible!  He also made me feel super guilty for not flossing ever as often as I should, so I really am going to start that now. 
(Aren't you so proud, Kelly?) ;)

I can't wait to go a full week without going to see a doctor!  :D

6 comments:

The Boehme Family said...

We used to see that dentist when we lived there. We also loved him!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

YAY!!! Ari is getting better. Too bad she has to have thrush too. That is one crazy contraption for the x-rays. I felt bad for her but had to laugh at that picture. Poor girl! Dr. Hadley huh. I'm trying to think if I've ever been a sub there. Either way I'm glad you found someone you like. Do you have dental ins. now? You should have never confessed. Now that I know I will be asking you all the time if you are flossing. :)

Ludlows said...

That is good that Ari is getting better! Hopefully she will heal really fast now that she is on the mend!

Jamee said...

That pic of Ari getting the x-ray is so sad. :( Poor kid! Glad she is doing better. Spring is almost here,they tell me. Sure doesn't look like it though.

Christy said...

Aww what a cutie! That contraption is called a 'Pig-O-Stat' in case you were wondering. I always love reading your blog. You do such a good job of writing everything down. make sure to make it into a book one day!! Miss you guys!

Halley said...

Oh, my. Ari is not even my child and my heart breaks when I see that picture. I can only imagine how you felt that day. I am glad she is doing better now.

About Our Family