Monday, February 14, 2011

Smooches!!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

My favorite part of V-day when I was younger wasn't all the treats you get at school....it was waking up to what my momma had put together for her FIVE kids.  :)  Every V-day I can remember, we would wake up to the table set with pink plates, napkins, cups with PINK milk, a yummy breakfast and there were always treats surrounding our plates.

I never doubted my momma's love for me.  :)

I knew when I had kids I wanted to do the exact same thing for them.

I got up super early and made these:

P.S. They did not turn out looking anything like this, but they were still yummy.
If my kids would have eaten strawberries and whipped cream with them I totally would have gotten it, but syrup is what works for now.  ;)

I also made sure I was up early enough to make them for Shane before he left at the crack 'o dawn for work.  

Random: So I was telling him this morning as we ate our pink pancakes that because of Ari's RSV, we can't get a babysitter so we can't go out for V-day.  I said, "RSV has ruined Valentine's Day."

Shane said,"Nothing can ruin Valentine's Day."  

Oh my heck you guys. 
This is why I love this man.
(I can only post this because I know he won't see it.  He would DIE if he knew I posted that...so don't tell him if you see him, um-kay?)

Anyway, Shane left for work (LAME) and I got the kiddo's breakfast all set up for them:

Suckers, chocolates, and sweettarts!!

Can't forget the pink milk!!  :D
Enjoying breakfast!  Kaden was being camera shy.  Oh come on kid-who doesn't love a camera shoved in their face first thing in the morning?  haha
 Shane gave me a card (because in 6 years he has learned that, YES, he needs to get me 3 cards a year: V-Day, anniversary, and B-day), a rose, and a little stuffed dog.  
(He knows I think stuffed animals for adults are CHEESY, so he just laughed when I called and told him that Lexi took off with it.  Plus it's pink so there was never a chance that Lexi wouldn't take it.) hahaha
See ya!
Lexi was hitting Kaden on the head with the rose and I caught her:
Look at her face.  HA  She totally knows she's been caught!  :)
Lil' stinker
 I love my amazing hubby and I love my wonderful kids!
(Quick update on Ari: She's still about the same.  We've been doing breathing treatments on her every 4 hours (night and day) and she's on a steroid medicine...nothing seems to be helping, though.  We go back to the doctor tomorrow so let's just hope her oxygen level is good and we'll slowly beat this thing!)  :)

3 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Ah, what a cute momma. I'm sure the kids loved it. I had a good laugh at the picture of Lexi hitting Kaden with rose. haha That girl! Happy Valentines Day and happy anniversary.

Jamee said...

Oh, you are a good mom!
GET BETTER ARI!!!
tell her to listen to me.

Mackenzie Bailey said...

OMGosh you're amazing!! Love pink everything:) Such a good Mommy!

About Our Family