Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One year old!

Happy first birthday Ari!!

A year ago, I was induced and our miracle baby was born five and a half hours later.  She was and is beautiful and all of the nurses (and my midwife) offered to take her home if I didn't want her. 
I'm glad we kept her.  ;)

This past Saturday, we had her birthday party!  We did a lunch (between Conference sessions) and then of course cake and ice cream.  Ari just kind of wandered around while everyone was eating and begged for food as she went (even though we'd JUST fed her before everyone got there).  After eating, it was present time!

Ari did well with pulling the tissue paper out of the way, but didn't want to give up her new presents as she went.  :)
"Come back here!!  You're not done yet!!"
 After presents, it was time for cake!

This was Ari's special just-for-her cake.  Everyone else got cupcakes.  :)

Happy birthday to you!

Ari dipped her fingers in the frosting, and then wouldn't touch the cake again.  I was like, "Oh no you don't!  EAT THE CAKE!"  ;)  I got a fork to show her just what she was missing out on.
"Hmmmm...."

She loved the cake, but wanted to use the fork after that.  hahaha  She's a mixture of Kaden and Lexi with food.
"This cake is so good!  I bet it would feel great between my toes!"
Squishy...
hahahahahaha  I've never seen a kid demolish their cake with their foot before.  I was laughing so hard.  :)

It was a really fun day!  
Thanks to my sister, Suzanna, for taking the pictures!
After Ari's first year check-up on Friday, I'll post her stats.  :)  She actually spiked a fever on Sunday and it wouldn't go away no matter what I did, so Monday afternoon I took her into the doctor.  She had a nasty ear infection-poor girl.  But she's doing a LOT better now.  Anyway, because of taking her in for that,  I know how much she weighs, but I'm not telling until I know the percentile.  :)

2 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Poor girl, sick on her first birthday. I'm glad she's all better now. Sad that we missed the party. I would have loved to see her demolish the cake with her feet.

Suzanna said...

You're welcome. And I'm glad you kept her too!

About Our Family