Sunday, October 9, 2011

Random

I haven't done a random post in a while, so here ya go:

When I was in high school, all of my friends were 1-2 years older than me (which sucked when they had all graduated and I was left ALL ALONE).  I was an extremely gullible sophomore (so 15 years old) taking driver's ed when some of my older guy-friends told me "If you want to impress your teacher when you go to the driving range, ask him if you can check the blinker fluid level to make sure there's enough." 

So, what did I say?

*giggle giggle*  "Okay!"

Long story short, I made a fool of myself and told my friends about it so that they could have a good laugh at my expense.  Just like I'm doing now.  ;)  Since I'm usually laughing along with people, I have no problem telling people what an idiot I am used to be.

So, fast forward a few months to when I had my driver's license.  My car was having issues so I asked my guy friends about it (like a moron).  They asked me some questions then said, "Sounds like a problem with your brake fluid.  When's the last time you put brake fluid in?"

So, what did I say?

"Yeah, right.  Like I'd fall for that again!  There's brake pads, not brake fluid.  I'm not an idiot."

They spent the next half an hour trying to convince me that they weren't lying.  I didn't believe them and drove home.  I asked my dad about my car and he checked and said that I need more brake fluid.  It was awesome.

While we're on the random car stories subject, I have one more:

My older sister, Suzanna, ditched me and went to college (lame).  We had been sharing a car (that my parents bought, so it stayed behind when she left), but Suzanna had been the one taking care of it.  I just bummed rides with her.  She had been gone for about ten months when I was driving the car one nice, Spring day and the radio just went out.  I was coming home from a friend's house and was a couple of blocks away from my house when the power steering went completely out.  I managed to muscle it into the driveway and called my ex-boyfriend (long story, but we were still friends).  He came over and looked at my car.  It took him all of two minutes under the hood to stand up, look at me in shock and say, "When's the last time you put oil in this??  It's BONE dry!"  

So, what did I say?

"You're supposed to put oil in it??"

(Insert him smacking his head)

Me: "How often?!"

(More head smacking)

Him: "How long has it been since the oil's been changed?"

"I don't know.  Suzanna took care of that, I guess.  I never even heard about it happening, though."

In all honesty, it had probably been AT LEAST a year since it had had an oil change.  Maybe longer.  As ex-boyfriend put a whole lotta oil in the car, he told me how lucky I was that the entire engine didn't die, blah, blah, blah.  I stopped listening because I was too busy watching his big 'ole arm muscles.  It was the same problem I had when he tried to teach me how to change a tire.  Shane tried to teach me when we were dating, but he was even more distracting than my ex.

To this day, I still can't change a tire. 

Maybe a girl needs to teach me.  ;)

2 comments:

Suzanna said...

Hahahaha! I'm so glad you share stories like those. So awesome. I'm sure I have some like that too. I guess I should have told you (maybe I thought you knew?...I think I told you after you originally told me about driving with no oil) that the car leaked oil and needed more every few weeks. Plus the oil change every 3-4 months. Maybe I thought Dad would take care of it.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Oh Loretta. I think you should have been a blond. HAhaha...

About Our Family