Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Introducing Alexandria Jo Porter!!

Well, as impatient as I was, Alexandria did decide to come (finally...) last Friday night. We went into the hospital about 4:00 pm because I was having regular contractions, but the nurse (whom we nicknamed Cruella) made us walk for an hour (yes, again! I was in severe pain the entire time) because she thought I was "going backwards" in my dilation and didn't believe I was really in labor. We did NOT like her at all. At 5:30 her replacement came and checked me and, surprise, surprise, I WAS in labor! They admitted me and started me on the Step B antibiotics. A while later I got an epidural, which successfully numbed my legs....and nothing else. I could feel the contractions VERY well, so the drug doctor gave me a stronger dose of the stuff to see if that helped. It didn't. (By this time my legs were completely useless from the stronger doses I got...haha). He redid the epidural and this time it worked wonderfully. :) I love drugs! It was looking like I would have Alex around 2 or 3 am, but then my midwife checked me close to 11:20 and said I was complete and it was time to push! After everything was set up, Kathy (my midwife) asked how many contractions it took to push Kaden out. I told her two. She said oh! ok, well the second baby usually takes half the time, so you only get one this time. She was totally joking, but I said ok! One contraction later (about 30 seconds) Alexandria Jo Porter was born at 11:29pm! (Please no one hate me if you pushed longer...it is just easy to me for some reason). She weighed 6 lbs. 5 oz and is 19 1/2 inches long!! SO BEAUTIFUL! She is a MUCH better nurser than Kaden was, which I LOVE. The first couple of days home were not so fun because I was severely engorged and in TONS of pain. Thank goodness for pumps...and sisters with nice ones (THANKS SUZ!). Anyway, last night and today have been great. Alex sleeps a lot (of course) and eats about every 2 1/2 hours during the day and about every 3 1/2 hours at night. Kaden was up every hour and a half, so I am LOVING Alex's schedule. :) Here are some fun pics! Sorry it took so long to update the blog everyone!

Finally admitted! Give me the drugs!
Check out that cute little cone head

6 lbs 5 oz and 19 1/2 inches long!!

The wonderful Kathy Mark, my midwife

Shane was asleep when I was about to start pushing...it took 3 nurses to wake him up...lol

Introducing Kaden and Alexandria....how will he react?

Um, no thanks! He just kept gently pushing her away...he still just completely ignores her.

The happy family!

Proud papa-Shane is SO protective of her.

Kaden found a fun hiding place at the hospital-he was loving this closet.

Alexandria's take home outfit....it is a newborn size, but still swallows her whole.

Her first car ride!

12 comments:

rickynkim said...

LOVE IT! I really can't wait to hold her! Kassi was 6.3, but looking at the pics I can't believe she was EVER that small!! Lexi/Alex (?) is SO beautiful!! Ahh...almost baby hungry again!;D Congrats to the whole wonderful Porter family! love ya bunches!

Suzanna said...

YAY! She is adorable! I'm glad all is still going well for you!

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

Congratulations! I'm glad she finally got here. She is so beautiful. I hope things go well at home. Good luck with everything.

Jamee said...

So cute!!! Congrats!!! I'm glad everyone is doing good!! I still can't believe you have two kids!!!
You are superwoman!!

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful and yes I am jealous you only had to push just once.... Lucky you.=)

Steph said...

Yay!! So exciting, congrats!! Don't you just love baby girls? :) She is so pretty!! Can't wait to see her!

The Boehme Family said...

YEAH!!! Congrats to you! Emily called and let me know.

She is better at nursing because YOU are better at nursing. Yeah for both of you on that count. I think that is one of the most stressful things about having a baby - trying to coordinate eating. I am glad she is sleeping so well for you.

Pearce Family said...

She is beautiful. You are lucky that labor comes so easy for you. I am glad everything is going good. Congrats!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

She seems like such a mellow, good little baby. I love that I get to hold her often. She really is beautiful. Congrats!

Ludlows said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting. Merry Christmas to your family!

Jorgensen Bunch said...

Oh so sweet! I love the pict of kaden pushing her away! That is priceless! I still can't believe you have a little girl, Im totally jealous, just so you know;)But of course I am so happy for you too!

The Graves.... said...

Hey Loretta, I found your blog through another friends. Your little girl is adorable! Congratulations. Sounds like things are pretty busy for you right now but I'm sure it'll work out and all be worth it. Good luck.

About Our Family