Monday, June 7, 2010

All this in one weekend?!

I love summer! We have been booked every weekend for the last few weeks and it's not slowing down anytime soon. :) Sunday's are nice because after church and naps, we get to spend family time outside. There has been lots of time at the park....

Can you see that duck actually hissing at Kaden?! Holy cow momma! He's just trying to feed you! I understand the instinct to protect your babies, though.

Kaden loves seeing the baby ducks and will just want to follow them around the whole time. :)


In other news, Lexi has found out that she is Super Woman and can knock grown-ups over with her bare hands.



:) Think she's having fun?



The guy in the video is Jared. Our friend's 18 year old brother who my kids ADORE. He is in the process of turning in his mission papers and I am sure Kaden and Lexi will miss him. He plays the guitar, which Kaden loves, and he cuddles and tickles Lexi, which she loves. :) I love that he is a great babysitter! haha

Oh! Also, this past weekend my friend Stephanie and I had a girls day out and got hair cuts and color, then went to lunch. She had a drastic change (wish I would have gotten a before/after of her), but mine isn't too drastic (which made Shane happy).

My before:
Shane asked me why I didn't straighten it like normal. Um...because I was going to get it CUT and colored?! Men...ugh.

Back view

And after...

I know I look like a chubby preggo woman. Probably because I am. ;) I just had her take an inch off the length (I really, truly want to grow my hair out), but she also fixed the layers and gave me some fun summer highlights (there were 3 different colors she used....love her).
We tried out a newish Salon in Layton called Salon Tantrum. They have been open three years and I could not have been more impressed with them! I had Mysti working on me (if you click on the link, she is in the 2nd row from the top) and Stephanie had Chaunsey (third row down) working on her. Both of them were AMAZING! The whole experience was so relaxing. They have a baby grand piano in the front lobby and the owner's 80-something year old dad comes in every day and plays (he switches off with another woman-since he is 80-something years old after all). Let me tell you-he is REALLY good! I thought it was a CD player at first until I asked about it. And there is a TV above where you get your hair washed with really cool animal/nature images playing...combine that with the soothing piano music and it's a little slice of heaven! OH! AND about every 30 minutes or so, someone walks around offering frozen grapes or trail mix (and you can have all the Coke product drinks you want while you're there). Dang. I should be getting paid for this, huh? :) Anyway, their prices were a little more than average, but you definitely get what you pay for. Both Steph and I LOVE our hair and will totally go back. :)

Anyway, also on Saturday my friend's daughter got baptized! Holy cow! I can't believe she's 8 already!! I remember holding her after she was born (I was 16 years old). Crazy how time flies.

The beautiful Tamison.

Lexi was obsessed with Tamison. It was adorable watching them play together. :)

Tamison loved playing with Lexi, too. :)

We look kind of funny cause we weren't sure which camera we were supposed to be looking at. Do you see Tamison holding Lexi's hand?? SO CUTE!! :) The other little girl by Tamison is her little sister, Skyla. She said the most adorable prayer after the confirmation. They are both so stinkin' cute!

We have another fun and exciting weekend coming up so I will look forward to telling y'all about that next week! :D

2 comments:

Mackenzie Bailey said...

Your hair looks wonderful. I think anything looks good on your hair because it's thick, gorgeous, wonderful color, has body............. OK, anyway that dress too - of Tamison's, doesn't that just make you so so happy you have girls and get to dress them up like that. So cute:)

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I love the haircut. You do not look like a, "chubby preggo woman." You look like a hot momma! The salon sounds awesome. Lexi is such a little tease. I love the picture of her looking at Tamison. Cute, cute!

About Our Family