Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Death

I found out this morning that a friend of mine from high school died. His name was Sean and we met while both playing the trombone in junior high. He has a wife and 6 month old baby boy. It breaks my heart that he would be so unexpectedly taken from them. He was found at work, unresponsive and not breathing. He couldn't be revived. They are suspecting an undiagnosed heart condition. He was in great physical shape, so everyone is shocked. I know that God has His plan, but it still rips my heart in two to imagine losing my husband so young and with a new baby. Another friend of mine from high school committed suicide a few months ago. She was the second one from high school to take her own life. The first one was November 23rd, 2003. Every time someone so young dies, whether by their own hand or by God's, it makes me pause to think about my amazing life and all I have to be grateful for. We don't know how long we will have with our loved ones, so please don't ever hesitate to let them know just how much they mean to you.

I truly hope you rest in peace Sean, Jessica and Megan.

Please keep Sean's family in your prayers. I am sure his wife is needing all the comfort in the world right now.

2 comments:

Mackenzie Bailey said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I also know that there is a plan for all of us. It's makes the pain more bearable to know that everything has its purpose in the end. Hope you're alright. I'm sure it will be tough through the funeral. You're in my prayers too...

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That's too sad. :( I can't even imagine ... We will keep them in our prayers.

About Our Family